rings and bipod question

PDA

VetteV12
January 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
This will be my first time mounting a 50mm obj. scope and was wondering what hight the rings should be to clear the barrel, I was thinking high rings. I'm also going to be adding a bipod to my rifle and came across this one http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/itemfind.asp it's a harris bipod. Anyone ever deal with these? The rifle I'm attaching all this to is a savage arms 12FVSS, it has a heavy fluted barrel.

What would you guys suggest to help lessen the gleam of the stianless barrel (only when hunting of course)? I was thinking about wrapping it.

If you enjoyed reading about "rings and bipod question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trstafford
January 23, 2008, 05:00 PM
Used Harris Bipods for many years. Always been reliable and durable.

USSR
January 23, 2008, 05:08 PM
This will be my first time mounting a 50mm obj. scope and was wondering what hight the rings should be to clear the barrel, I was thinking high rings.

Depends upon the barrel contour, the base/rings and the scope. I use a pair of medium Badgers on a Badger 20MOA picatinny base with my Leupie 6.5-20x50 scope mounted on a Winchester with a Krieger #10 MTU contour barrel. Agree with the Harris bipod recommendation.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "rings and bipod question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!