Would you shoot this? Range report.

PDA

Sisco
July 29, 2003, 08:28 PM
Details of subject in this thread
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthre...&threadid=30489
In a nutshell: Inherited a H&R 38 S&W revolver from my Mom. Solicited opinions on whether or not to actually shoot it. Took it to the range this afternoon and let 'er rip.
5 rounds, about 10 yards. Didn't even hit the paper. Cylinder was stiff coming out of the frame, lead splatter all over the forcing cone. Guess I'll put it in a shadow box and consider it a heirloom. :rolleyes:
Anyone want to buy a partial box of Rem 38S&W??

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you shoot this? Range report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
priv8ter
July 29, 2003, 09:09 PM
You are a braver man than I, but I salute you. I myself am a member of the 'Why have a gun if I can't shoot it crowd' also. Thankfully, it stayed in one piece and you didn't get hurt.

foghornl
July 29, 2003, 09:23 PM
1 word answer:

NO !

Shadow Box is a good idea. Unless a gunsmith you REALLY trust says it is OK to shoot. Then ask him to fire the first 2 cylinders full......

Gordon
July 29, 2003, 10:44 PM
How can you ship the .38S&W to Ca. ? I'll buy them pro rated whats left from what you paid. My Merwin & Hulbert needs feeding!:D

Sisco
July 29, 2003, 11:11 PM
I'm really not sure how one ships ammo through the mail.
Lots of mail order places do it all the time, they only require some proof of age.

firestar
July 30, 2003, 01:29 AM
I've never met a gun I wouldn't shoot. I would have shot that gun also. A little lead splatter never hurt anyone.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you shoot this? Range report." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!