Gangster guns TONIGHT on History Channel

PDA

Daguerre
January 11, 2003, 01:25 AM
Just thought some of you might want to see the History Channel show on Gangster guns of the 20's and 30's, including Colt .45's and 38's. It's on tonight at 11:00pm Pacific Time in my area.

During the 1920s and '30s in big cities and small towns alike, they earned a fierce reputation in a blaze of bullets. They were the best friends of criminals such as John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson, Al Capone, and Bonnie and Clyde. Handle their Colt 45s and 38s, Tommy guns, Whippets, and Browning automatic rifles as we uncover the stories of gangster guns. TV G

More info here:

http://www.historychannel.com/ontv/index.html

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Gangster guns TONIGHT on History Channel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MessedUpMike
January 11, 2003, 01:48 AM
Was pretty intersting. Made the NFA make a little sense, at least in retrospect of the times.

PATH
January 11, 2003, 02:00 AM
Isn't this a repeat. I think this was on before. If it is the same one it is a great show.

Mike Irwin
January 11, 2003, 02:04 AM
Yeah, all of them are repeats, as I think they stopped production of the Tales of the Gun series a year or two ago.

Porter Rockwell
January 11, 2003, 02:04 AM
Grinning, for the grand prize of one slightly used 10ga hull,
who invented the Whippet?

QuickDraw
January 11, 2003, 02:24 AM
Kaiser?Wasn't that the jeeps older brother?

QuickDraw

MessedUpMike
January 11, 2003, 03:31 AM
Porter Rockwell, but Clyde was the one that gave it the name "Whippet". But he (Rockwell) should have used a pump gun right? The Browing Auto design shouldn't have been out until well after Rockwell was dead. Correct?

Porter Rockwell
January 11, 2003, 03:53 AM
OPR created and named the Whippet using a cut down S/S 10ga. I once did a few evenings researching OPR on Google but didn't save the links, sorry.
On one of the cowboy/SASS shooters sites I recall some detailed newspaper articles reprinted about OPRs exploits and guns including the Whippet. Some reports claim OPR killed over 200 men, he was argueably the baddest of the wildwest charactors.
It's very interesting reading if one has the time online.
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Gangster guns TONIGHT on History Channel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!