So which one is it???

PDA

Keegan
January 23, 2008, 12:57 PM
These warnings appear on the same page of the Taurus revolver manual. What am I supposed to do???? :uhoh:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/keeganfrank/board/warnings.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "So which one is it???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Guitargod1985
January 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
These warnings appear on the same page of the Taurus revolver manual. What am I supposed to do????

Do whatever you want. This is nothing more than some lawyer trying to cover Taurus' ass in the event of some idiot doing something stupid.

Pesonally, I keep a single gun ready to go for emergencies and have everything else locked away.

h0ss
January 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
I know your probably kidding and not really looking for an answer, but just a typical way of covering all their bases. In a way it seems like a cheap cop out to keep law suits away (and it is), but when you think about it, it makes people think for themselves (which is a very good thing) while keeping Taurus out of liability. :)

BryanP
January 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
"Is gun. Is NOT safe!"

lee n. field
January 23, 2008, 01:07 PM
Both are true. It's refreshing to see the first warning.

JesseL
January 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
Warning:

Anything you do will increase the level of entropy and may contribute to the eventual heat death of the Universe.

RKBABob
January 23, 2008, 01:43 PM
WARNING: This firearm is capable of firing bullets, and is inherently dangerous.
Please have a gunsmith grind off the firing pin, immediately!
:neener:
:neener::neener::neener::neener::neener:

chris in va
January 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'm very suprised to see the first statement in a firearms manual. Obviously something Taurus put in there and not the CYA lawyers.

lucky_fool
January 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
Here, I fixed it for you.

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=71666&stc=1&d=1201114201

XDKingslayer
January 23, 2008, 01:51 PM
What do you do?

Drop back 10 and punt.

SGW42
January 23, 2008, 03:25 PM
Ruger's manual for my Mark III at one point says the gun should be stored uncocked - yet the hammer must be cocked in order to engage the safety and activate the internal lock, or to pull the bolt back and install the external lock.

elrod
January 23, 2008, 06:21 PM
What am I supposed to do????:uhoh:

Simple answer. Have two guns, one locked up, one available. Plain as the nose on your face! :rolleyes:

Keegan
January 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
Simple answer. Have two guns, one locked up, one available. Plain as the nose on your face!
Aha, so it's nothing but a ploy to double their sales! I'm on to you, Taurus.

mekender
January 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
each state requires that storage warnings are specifically stated in exact wording... go to ruger's site and look at the manual for the new SR-9... there are 4 pages of state mandated warnings all basically the same...

1911Tuner
January 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
What it's saying essentially, is that anything you do can get you killed. (That includes doing nothing.) The choice is yours as to which presents the most danger.

SASS#23149
January 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
They had to have had these printed in the Orient.My dvd recorder instuctions are about as kristal kleer as these are.

scout26
January 23, 2008, 09:22 PM
Just like when I was in the Army:

When given two conflicting orders, obey them both. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "So which one is it???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!