Custom grips for a Para Ordnance 14-45?

PDA

recluse
January 23, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm hoping to find a source for white or ivory colored grips, incorporating a design (laser-etched or similar process) for my hi-cap .45.

I've admired the work of a seller on eBay and sent two email inquiries, neither of which were answered. I guess they don't need my money that bad...

I must admit that I've never tried to put grips from a standard, single-stack, M1911 on my pistol, so I don't know if they'd fit (kinda doubt it).

Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom grips for a Para Ordnance 14-45?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CWL
January 23, 2008, 11:56 PM
Grips for a standard Govt. 1911 will not fit your P-14. The Para doublestack guns use a proprietary wrap-around grip design.

There used to be custom gripmakers who made them for the P14 but I don't know if anyone is still active.

I just googled "P-14 grips" and got this link, you should spend some time on the web and do a detailed search.

http://www.grips4guns.com/pistol/para_ord/p14.html

crankshop1000
January 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
I bought a set on ebay from a guy that makes them. Mine was "lemonwood" and looked like hell.

XavierBreath
January 24, 2008, 02:43 PM
I have some nice stags for a P-14.
Let me know if you are interested.

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=71760&stc=1&d=1201203816

geekWithA.45
January 24, 2008, 09:40 PM
The P14's grips are thinner than normal, to compensate for the double stack.

"Old slabsides" it ain't.

recluse
January 25, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the offer, XavierBreath, but I'm wanting smooth white or ivory colored grips, with a specific logo on them.

The search continues...

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom grips for a Para Ordnance 14-45?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!