i feel dirty

PDA

30 cal slob
January 24, 2008, 02:03 PM
early this morning in my haste to get to work i left my ccw at home.

didn't realize this until i got to the office parking lot, got out of my sled, and felt unusually light. and my pants were falling down (thunderwear holds 'em up nicely). :uhoh:

what a strange and empty feeling to be out and about without my ccw. almost like i was nekkid.

just got back from my lunch hour.

stopped by the local gun shop and picked up another used glock 10 mm and some carry ammo.

i feel better now...

...but just a little dirty.

If you enjoyed reading about "i feel dirty" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr. Peter Venkman
January 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
How do you think I feel in California?

realmswalker
January 24, 2008, 02:18 PM
Wish I had enough money to just go buy another gun because i forgot one at home, sheesh!

Keegan
January 24, 2008, 02:19 PM
At least you have a good excuse to add to your collection. That's about how I feel at the gym. They don't have a ban on CCW's, but I'm not about to leave it in a locker.

rmarcustrucker
January 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, I wish I had that kind of money :rolleyes: My car's dirty, let me buy another one...Mabey if I told my wife I "forgot" my ccw she's say "it's ok honey, just go buy another one"... I wish:(... I haven't gone accidentially unarmed in months, but I know the feeling. Worst then forgetting the cell phone or house keys to get back in the house.

Cougfan2
January 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
I know the feeling. The couple of times I have left without my carry piece I felt nekkid too! :eek:

Antipasta
January 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
Fortunately, we have no such need here in NJ where everyone is unarmed; it's the law you know:D

BobbyQuickdraw
January 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
Yes in California I forget my CCW every day, because in LA county they don't issue CCW to anyone who isn't a celebrity. However, I can only assume that these strict gun controls apply to criminals as well, so they're unarmed and I am safe and at ease.

romma
January 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
i feel dirty

You are dirty! You random, last second, gun buyin' just because you left it at home good for nuthin' 30 cal slob!!! :)

I mean, I have heard of grabbing a sandwich, or eating out for lunch because you forgot the leftovers,,, but this is a new one!

I may have to try it one day even though I can't afford it right now...

Hopefully I don't forget the piece again anytime soon!

M2 Carbine
January 24, 2008, 03:12 PM
I know the feeling from the couple times I forgot my carry gun.

At least I had two handguns and a rifle in the car.:D

30 cal slob
January 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
my wallet hurts. :banghead:

but who needs an excuse to buy another gun. :cool: i was due, ya see...

romma
January 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
10 mm Glock no less... What do you normally carry 30 cal?

Fozzy_Bear
January 24, 2008, 03:51 PM
Wait, Wait, Wait...

You carry a glock 10mm in your thunderware?

Everyone must surely think you're really happy to see them...

30 cal slob
January 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
usually a S&W model 66 or a glock 26 or an hk usp compact/9 (yes, a usp will fit unobtrusively with a spare mag to boot).

i luv thunderwear.

always wanted a 10mm glock. :p

Werewolf
January 24, 2008, 04:22 PM
What's wierd is that after years of carry I often forget I am actually armed. But if I leave the house without my carry gun it only takes about 30 seconds or so for me to notice.

Fozzy_Bear
January 24, 2008, 04:44 PM
...usually a S&W model 66 or
...always wanted a 10mm glock.

Oh.

That makes a lot more sense.

igorts
January 24, 2008, 05:08 PM
"My car's dirty, let me buy another one"

my favorite is when guy came to replace his car because ash tray got filled up.:D

redbone
January 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
For your sake, I hope your wife/SO doesn't start "forgetting" jewlery in the morning...

h0ss
January 24, 2008, 05:20 PM
just got back from my lunch hour.

stopped by the local gun shop and picked up another used glock 10 mm and some carry ammo.

i feel better now...

i hate you. :D

Grizfire
January 24, 2008, 07:25 PM
Not only did you leave your poor, dependable, honest, always by your side, CCW at home, you went out and bought a new gun to replace it. This makes you a CHEATER as well.

very dirty

Javelin
January 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
You carry a glock 10mm in your thunderware?

Everyone must surely think you're really happy to see them...

That is hellarious!

:)

doc2rn
January 24, 2008, 07:36 PM
I can relate I went and bought another S&W Model 10 today because my Glock 32 broke yesterday. It is never the same I know but I am thinking this rides better on my hip. He even added a Galco OWB open top holster, gotta love that. Out the door price $150.

Crow1108
January 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
Not only did you leave your poor, dependable, honest, always by your side, CCW at home, you went out and bought a new gun to replace it. This makes you a CHEATER as well.

very dirty

:D That's awesome.

To quote the movie "Layercake": "I hope you don't let the other guns you have hear that you have a favorite."

30 cal slob
January 24, 2008, 07:56 PM
i was bad, very bad after work today.

stopped by another gun shop on the way home. said, "hey, what's new?"

shop owner said ... "oh, check this out. you're gonna like this."

went home with another pistol. sig p250. very kewl.

two pistols in one day. not a record by any means, but i feel it's my duty to prop up the economy with some discretionary spending.

on my citi mastercard. :evil:

p.s. guns are like potato chips. you can't have just one.

30 cal slob
January 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
pics of pistol #2 here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=4122430#post4122430

romma
January 24, 2008, 10:25 PM
two pistols in one day. not a record by any means, but i feel it's my duty to prop up the economy with some discretionary spending.

And now you will be on the terror watch list for buying two guns in one day from two different sources. :)

Just don't buy more than 50 rounds at a time for either gun! :evil:

Phydeaux642
January 24, 2008, 10:42 PM
Yes in California I forget my CCW every day, because in LA county they don't issue CCW to anyone who isn't a celebrity.

Just tell 'em you're a bodyguard for Rosie O'Donnell.:neener:

"Phydeaux, bad dog....no biscuit!"

ColinthePilot
January 24, 2008, 10:43 PM
I feel great showing up to work unarmed...its when I leave the imagined safety of the gate and enter the real world that I feel naked. Living on base is not fun.

If you enjoyed reading about "i feel dirty" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!