violence

PDA

cpttango30
January 24, 2008, 03:47 PM
OOps Violence. forgot to look before I clicked.

How come you never hear of someone sueing the state of CA or any of the other commie states for disarming them and they got hurt or a loved one got hurt?

If you enjoyed reading about "violence" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
January 24, 2008, 03:49 PM
"Soverign Immunity" is why.

jad0110
January 24, 2008, 04:28 PM
Lawsuits have been tried many times, but only a very small number are successful, and under very limited circumstances.

http://hematite.com/dragon/policeprot.html

As stated in the article, the irony is that people living in locations that ban or heavily restrict firearm ownership must rely on the Government to protect them, who then claims they have no obligation to do so.

bogie
January 24, 2008, 05:06 PM
It'll be VERY interesting the first time a CCW holder gets the idea of suing a business for disarming him/her, and violence happens, either on drive to/from work, or at the workplace.

Flintlock Tom
January 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
I think a law suit might run into trouble as soon as the business/employer/government suggests that all disarmament is voluntary.
"If you disagree with disarming, shop/work/live someplace that does not require it."

mekender
January 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
isnt that what heller is?

cpttango30
January 24, 2008, 05:34 PM
"If you disagree with disarming, shop/work/live someplace that does not require it."

I am so tired of hearing this. If we were to really do this we would shop nowhere we would never leave our houses. So what is really the point of that statement.

Not everyone is rich enough to just up and move their family to a different state. There are places I have to go that provide certin things that can only be had there for many reason that do not allow firearms. What am I to do then?

If you enjoyed reading about "violence" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!