Christmas in January!!!!!

PDA

calichoked
January 24, 2008, 06:01 PM
Well I think my prayers have been ansewred but I have more questions.
My father passed a few years ago and my stepmom called me and told me that there was locker that she cold not get in and did I have a key.I told her that I would bring all the keys that Dad left me and next time I was in Vegas I'll try it out.Well I did have a key and guess what was in the locker???A CAR-15 AND a Kalishnacauf(sp?) thanks DAD!!.
But now what can I do I live in Cali and my stepmom hates guns.They were purchased in cali in 1996 the invoice was with them.The 7.62 is a thumbhole stock and the Car has a short stock.
I convinced my mom to give me some time but she wants those "damn guns out":eek:

Hepl!!!!!!!!!:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Christmas in January!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
January 24, 2008, 06:18 PM
Rent a storage space across the Border in Nevada until you can get out of Kali.

tydephan
January 24, 2008, 06:25 PM
There's really only one thing to do.

Send them to me, and I'll keep them warm and clean for you. :D

41magsnub
January 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
Send them to me, and I'll keep them warm and clean for you.

Send them to me instead, I'll keep them warm, clean, and EXERCISED too.

Number 6
January 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
Depending on the make of the rifles you might be able to bring both back into California. Do not bring them back as is, that would most likely be importing an assault weapon into California. If the guns are not listed on the DOJ list of banned weapons then you can bring them into California if you make the necessary modifications so they conform to California law. What are the make and models of the rifles?

calichoked
January 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
Olimpic Arms Car-15 and I think a Kalish 85 thumbhole stock.Not sure on the ak
I just remember the ar because it was so danm pretty!!!! But I can find out because I took pics of them before I left will post later this evening if I can figure out how.

Deer Hunter
January 24, 2008, 07:27 PM
I bet my lunch that the AK is a norinco.

Number 6
January 24, 2008, 08:28 PM
I am pretty sure that all Olympic Arms lower receivers are on the banned list. If that is the case then I would keep the upper, sell the lower, and then use that money to buy a non-listed lower receiver. The AK is a different story. If the AK is a Norinco, then there is not much you can do, if it is listed. The upside is that if it is a Norinco AK you could probably sell it for a good sum and then use that money to buy an AK that is not listed. Here is the list of banned AK and AR rifles.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

HOLY DIVER
January 24, 2008, 11:14 PM
i'd get the he11 out of cali if i was you lol it costs to much to live there!
ohh and there guncontroll sucks allmost forgot that lmao...come on out here to south carolina we'll wellcom you and youre dad's AR!with open arms

paintballdude902
January 24, 2008, 11:40 PM
forget south carolina come to north carolina we love all firearms(except the full auto ones...stupid att. general)........and most owners

calichoked
January 25, 2008, 02:59 AM
Here they are I hope its enough detail to help with some advice for my options. Thanks

calichoked
January 25, 2008, 03:12 AM
pic 2

calichoked
January 25, 2008, 03:13 AM
pic 3

calichoked
January 25, 2008, 03:17 AM
pic 4

calichoked
January 25, 2008, 03:18 AM
last one

Cannonball888
January 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
Christmas IS in January (the 7th) if you are Eastern Orthodox.
So, a Kalashnikov is very appropriate ;)

Chipperman
January 25, 2008, 01:39 PM
I bet my lunch that the AK is a norinco.

So what are you having for lunch today, Deer Hunter? :neener:

silverlance
January 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
cali,

I'm with an 07 FFL in CA and can help you with some of the legal requirements. Contact me via pm.

the short version:
trade the CAR15's receiver for a CA legal one. rebuild using same parts. you should actually get a little extra $ on top, because Olys are top of the line. use the extra $ to get an MMG or better yet U15 stock. more about that later.

the AK is out of the question - sell it (it should fetch a nice price, as those are hard to come by now), and use the money to buy a another CA legal rifle.

I suggest a FAL, but I'm biased for obvious reasons.
other good considreations are
* saiga x39
* m1a
* mini14

all are ca legal, as is our FALs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Christmas in January!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!