First trip to the range with the Kimber CDPII

PDA

SRT1
January 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
I picked up my new Kimber CDPII Pro yesterday and took it to the range today for the first time. I ran through a few magazines jsut to get familiar with it and then dropped the target back to 25 yards and ran two magazines of controlled, aimed offhand firing. When I pulled the target up I was very happy to see that all 14 holes could be covered with the palm of my hand! Wow! And this is straight out of the box. POA was POI as well, what a great surprise. I pulled the target up to 15 yards and did a few mags of double taps all with very pleasing results. I had brought along my tricked out Springfield Armory Champion as well and while it did well, it didn't do as well as the Kimber did. I changed them up to be fair and the Kimber consistently outdid it every time.
I was wondering about the 500 round break in period suggested, but have nothing ill to report about the weapon other than one time the sllide went into battery "softer" than usual, but a visual inspection showed it to be fully engaged and I simply continued without further incidents. This thing is phenominal and it's straight out of the box! I see more Kimbers in my future. I'm looking at the same pistol in the Ultra size right now.
I'll report back with any problems in the interest of being fair, as I know that 200 rounds isn't much in the life of a pistol, but there have been no problems up front where I would have expected them to come in.
SRT1

If you enjoyed reading about "First trip to the range with the Kimber CDPII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
January 25, 2008, 04:05 PM
I was wondering about the 500 round break in period suggested

It should, as yours does, run right out of the box, no matter how many times folks say it needs a "break in" period. :banghead:

Great report. I am glad you are having fun with it. My CDP II Ultra has been a joy. Kimbers are generally very accurate. :)

And where, might I ask, are the pics? :uhoh:

SRT1
January 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
Let's just say I was mentally prepared for at least a few FTF's or FTE's in the first few hundred rounds after my experiences with some others and the different forums I read while researching Kimber. I'm impressed that they didn't happen. All rounds down range today were full load 230g too. I'm very happy. :) Thanks!

76shuvlinoff
January 25, 2008, 06:36 PM
congrats on the choice and good report

...and I'm glad there are at least two of us with good series II Kimbers.

:p

Don Carter
January 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club. My Kimber Pro CDPII is a joy to shoot at the range and my # 1 carry. Very dependable too!:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "First trip to the range with the Kimber CDPII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!