Igman 7.62x39 - large or small primers?

PDA

slogfilet
January 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
I want to keep my brass as consistent as possible... I know R-P and S&B x39 brass uses small primers... what about Igman? It's still cheap on AIM.

On another note (and this may be covered elsewhere), are your recipes for small vs. large primers very different? I recognize that a load should always be worked up when changing a component, but was wondering what the effect is in the end.

If you enjoyed reading about "Igman 7.62x39 - large or small primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ray P
January 26, 2008, 01:31 PM
I always thought the large-primer 7.62x39 brass was really meant for making up wildcats. At least, the people over the years that I've given my large primer brass to were making up some sort of non-standard cartridge.

I've just kept the small primer stuiff for my own reloading (got a .308 barrelled mini-30).

What is the Igman headstamp?

FieroCDSP
January 26, 2008, 04:38 PM
I load with winchester cases, so all of mine is LR primers. Doesn't seem to change it.

slogfilet
January 27, 2008, 10:41 PM
Do you know if the Igman brass available from AIM has large or small primers? I don't have the headstamp...

R.W.Dale
January 27, 2008, 10:56 PM
For the greatest accuracy possible in my bolt actions I've found the Remington SR primed brass to be the best

If you enjoyed reading about "Igman 7.62x39 - large or small primers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!