FFL to sell ammo?

PDA

briney11
January 26, 2008, 03:03 PM
Do you need a FFL to sell ammo and parts such as stock, scopes, ect???

If you enjoyed reading about "FFL to sell ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
January 26, 2008, 04:03 PM
A license is needed to sell ammo, but not non-serialized gun parts (i.e. anything but recivers).

hotpig
January 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
There is no Federal License to sale ammo. If you manufacture ammo for sale then you have to get a license. I let my mfg license expire back in the 90's because it was cheaper to sale already made ammo.

The FFL is needed if you want to sale receivers or actual guns.

eastwood44mag
January 27, 2008, 01:14 AM
ATF says in their FAQ that NO license is required to sell ONLY ammunition.

Chipperman
January 27, 2008, 10:15 PM
Yes, you're right. Sorry.
The license is needed to make and sell ammo, not to sell factory ammo.

Moonclip
January 28, 2008, 05:14 AM
Correct, I've seen ammo before on sale at a gas station by a popular shooting spot, I doubt they would have bothered to get an FFL to sell a little bit of ammo.

People many times fail to realize there is different types of FFL licensing beyond a standard one (title 3?) and C&R licensing.

strat81
January 28, 2008, 12:58 PM
My personal favorite FFL: "Dealer in Destructive Devices."

Greatest. Business Card. Ever.

Moonclip
January 29, 2008, 01:59 AM
Anyone ever see a store that only specializes in ammo/accessories? We had one in my area that closed down and another was like that at first then branched out in to firearms,the one still in business manufactures ammo though, IIRC the older defunct store did not.

If you enjoyed reading about "FFL to sell ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!