Rem 700 250 Savage Info

PDA

treeman800
January 26, 2008, 04:45 PM
If you have a rem 700 in this cal and have Qs I might have answers.
Ive been reloading it for the last 20 years

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 700 250 Savage Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmickey
February 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
I have a Remington 40XB in .250 Savage that I reload for. If you have any questions, try sending me an email at: dmickey@localnet.com I'll see if I can help you. :D

treeman800
February 13, 2008, 06:15 PM
I dont know the 40xb. Is it a new gun from rem?

dmickey
February 13, 2008, 06:45 PM
No. It's been available from Remington's Custom Shop for many years. It is a heavy barrel, bolt action target/varmint rifle. All of mine are single-shot actions. :D

treeman800
February 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
sounds like a buitiful gun. I wish I had taken better care of mine. Was only built 1 year by Remington. Still shoots great and has been a fav to hunt with

dmickey
February 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
Seven of the ones that I have look like the following:

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/cs/40xb_thumbhole[1].jpg

One other I have looks like this:

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/cs/40xb_rangemaster[1].jpg

And the last one that I have has a Fajen thumbhole stock that unfortunately has a floorplate on it! Kind of dumb considering the rifle is a single shot .25-06 Remington!! :cuss:

Considering the fact that the factory ammunition is under powered for the caliber in modern bolt action rifles, do you load over the maximum listed in the reloading manuals?

treeman800
February 16, 2008, 05:57 PM
I never load them over recommended levels. I have a couple buddies that start at 100% and go up. There thinking is manuals show 10-20% under max for legal resons. I dont think adding a couple extra tenths is going to be unsafe, however it is unneeded wear and tear on valuable guns.
Being a hunter I load for acuracy and speed. The knock down is provided by a quality bullet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 700 250 Savage Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!