Gifting

PDA

Chester32141
January 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
A few years back I purchased a handgun thru a pawn shop and shortly after gave it away as a gift. I traded a semi-auto that I didn't like along w/ a couple bucks for a sweet NIB Small Frame S&W ... The person I gave it to would have no problem passing any background checks and lives in the same state as myself ... Did I break any laws when I gave this gun away ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gifting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
January 28, 2008, 08:50 AM
No federal laws I know of. And no Virginia laws as far as the gift goes. The state you gifted it in could have different laws.

I've given guns away. The last time I looked the back of the 4473 even says you can.

John

jenrob
January 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
It would basically be the same laws would apply to this as would FTF. So how every laws read in your state for FTF sales. Things like if you know therer a felon there going to use it in relations with drugs and ect. pretty much commen sense stuff here in my state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gifting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!