High capacity magazine Question Florida

PDA

joeyb
January 28, 2008, 03:18 AM
I live in Florida what are the amount of bullets you can have in a magazine. I think it is ten. I am not sure if that is a state law or federal law. Can someone explain it to me. I have tried looking at the law but can't find it.

thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "High capacity magazine Question Florida" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
markk
January 28, 2008, 04:09 AM
There is no magazine capacity law in Florida.

XDKingslayer
January 28, 2008, 09:06 AM
The only capacity laws in Florida are for hunting. Your shotgun for migratory birds must be plugged to 3 rounds and semi-auto, centerfire rifles for big game can't have a magazine of more than 5 rounds.

As far as everything else, skys the limit.

putteral
January 28, 2008, 06:49 PM
As many as you can get in a mag.

joeyb
January 28, 2008, 11:01 PM
So sommery I have a sig p226 it doesn't matter how many shells are in the mag even if you have a high capasity clip?

thank you

markk
January 28, 2008, 11:46 PM
So sommery I have a sig p226 it doesn't matter how many shells are in the mag even if you have a high capasity clip?

Correct...

Guitargod1985
January 29, 2008, 12:17 AM
It doesn't matter how many you have. There is no limit.

It can be confusing for newer shooters/gun owners because a lot of the magazines with more than ten rounds have "Military/Law Enforcement Use Only" stamped or etched in the mage somewhere. This is nothing more than a remnant of the 1994 Assualt Weapons Ban which expired in 2004.

I myself have several HK USP magazines with just such an inscription followed by "10/94."

joeyb
January 29, 2008, 03:22 AM
Thank you everyone!

If you enjoyed reading about "High capacity magazine Question Florida" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!