Question for Sig owners...

PDA

PirateRadio
January 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
Are Sigs (the 226 specifically) single or double action?

If they are double, what is the trigger pull like?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for Sig owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NGIB
January 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
They are both. If you decock on a loaded chamber, first shot is DA and the remainder are SA. I found the trigger OK.

This is based on the 226 and P6 I own, others may be different...

D-Man
January 28, 2008, 11:27 AM
It is most common to find a P226 in the standard DA/SA mode. If you go to Sigs site, it lists the trigger pull weights, and that should be pretty accurate. After a little break in the DA tends to be pretty smooth, so don't take the higher pull weight numbers to be that bad.

There is also a DAK configuration, which attempts to give the same longer DA-styled pull for all shots. It's default pull weight is lower than the DA/SA model, but feels much different. You'll need to try one out to see if you like it.

Darthbauer
January 28, 2008, 11:27 AM
Their DAK trigger is double action only.

PirateRadio
January 28, 2008, 11:30 AM
Ok, so it is dual action like my 92FS.

I've had a real taste for a Sig recently and since the tax return is on it's way... ;)

DFW1911
January 28, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, so it is dual action like my 92FS.

If your 92 is DA/SA then yep, same setup.

They're great guns - hope you enjoy yours!

Take care,
DFW1911

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for Sig owners..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!