Got to shoot a glock today

PDA

John4me05
January 28, 2008, 05:09 PM
If you listen close you can hear it jamming...
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/shooting/th_MVI_1489.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/shooting/?action=view&current=MVI_1489.flv)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got to shoot a glock today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ghost Walker
January 28, 2008, 06:28 PM
:rolleyes: Am I'm supposed to be impressed?

Do you always shoot across target lanes like that? The second thing I noticed is that the targets remained virtually unscathed; e.g.: No more than 13 hits on that BC, 'Shoot-N-C'. Your shot patterns against the backstop were, also, widely dispersed; many went down, or to the left, like you have a wicked trigger flinch or were tightening your grip and pushing the pistol into the target while firing.

I shoot a Glock every week; my Glock never jams; it never shoots across target lanes; nor disperses POI across a 2' circle @ 15 yards. Got 'a do better than 10 or 12 out of 40 + rounds, too - Right?

Great post! ;)

DENALI
January 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
:what: The point is? :barf:

weisse52
January 28, 2008, 06:45 PM
John,

just askin, why did you label it shooting 380? In the video you posted on your other thread you came out to show you where shooing a Hipoint. May I ask why you did not show the Glock that jammed?

John4me05
January 28, 2008, 07:03 PM
I labeled it shooting 380 cause i was shooting a 380 at the time..
It wasnt my gun and it has a different feel to me than my fatter grip inexpensive guns.. Yeah i couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with it... Dunno if it was cause its a new gun or it felt too light and made me anticipate the recoil...

I didnt shoot across lanes... My target was the shoot-n-see (which i shot but didnt hit so you cant see :D) The target on the right was another guy at the range shooting his J and N frames, his Glock as well...
He said it would be probably my only chance to ever shoot a Glock 380... Something about you cant find them anywhere... I had the cam beside me and flipped it on and ran a few out of the mags...
I dunno what its supposed to prove i just had the vid uploaded so i posted it...

BobbyQuickdraw
January 28, 2008, 07:10 PM
All guns can jam, all shooters can miss.

The sooner everyone just accepts that fact, the less everyone will care.

I shot a Kimber Stainless II on Sunday that I rented from the range and it:
Failed to feed from an open chamber every single time.
Failed to feed from closed chamber with slide rack once.
Shot very high.
Let stragglers fly 3-4 inches out of group.

Now, I'm a pretty good shot, so I'm positive the accuracy results weren't all me. I was grouping really well, but randomly a shot or so a mag would just take off somewhere else. At 15 yards it was hitting 3 inches high.

Does that mean the 1911 sucks? Does Kimber suck? Does .45 suck? I shot better with my Glock, does that mean its the greatest?

Nope. Just on that day with that particular model, something was out of whack, and badly. Range guys will have to send that off for a big tune up.

Ghost Walker
January 28, 2008, 07:26 PM
:eek: Well, hot damn! That skewers everything in your favor. Forget whatever I had to say! (And, in this case, you hit something like 8 times out of 23 + rounds.) :p

(Did that G-25 jam when the other guy was shooting it?) ;)

bluestarlizzard
January 28, 2008, 07:27 PM
Glock in .380 auto, (or if you want to go with the german, .9mm kurtz)
very popular in europe, yet they are not manufactured in the US. thus very hard to find.
sorry i had no clue and had to ask dad.
sorry you didn't like it. maybe you should try another glock. hi-points are all good and well, but one should expand horizens (see a great exscuse to by new guns!) glocks are very nice firearms. no need to knock them all just because you had difficulty with one.
if the grip was to small, try the 21. thats got some size *grin*

Javelin
January 28, 2008, 07:28 PM
What is the purpose of this post? To bash Glock manufactured firearms? Be critical of shooting accuracy? I am just trying to figure out where this is going.

:)

John4me05
January 28, 2008, 07:41 PM
Actually it jammed once or twice for him...
I aint knockin the gun... I just posted what you could hear...
I had it uploaded so i posted it.. I didnt say it was a POS or the next thing to God.. I just had a vid uploaded and you can hear the racking trying to clear it...

Now the ones that did stick.. They were setting in the top of the mag horizontal when the jam happened.. It was Win whitebox flat nose FMJ ammo.. I am pretty sure thats half if not all of the feed problem.. Yeah i couldnt shoot it to save my life... But i tried it out...
He was a reloader too cause when we were taking breaks he was scrounging the 380, 9mm and 40 S&W brass from around the range... I did happen to get ahold of about 150 45 ACP brass...

John4me05
January 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
sorry you didn't like it. maybe you should try another glock. hi-points are all good and well, but one should expand horizens (see a great exscuse to by new guns!) glocks are very nice firearms. no need to knock them all just because you had difficulty with one.
if the grip was to small, try the 21. thats got some size *grin*

If i am there and someone will let me try anoher Glock i will... I am not stingy.. Ill run ammo through anything...
I got to shoot his 357 shooting 38 loads and his full power 44 mag loads... Ohhhh now that was a blast...
With his 2 wheel guns i was hitting consistantly left and a little high... I think that may have been where the 380 was goin too...

BTW shootin at about 20yds aint easy with a new gun..

John4me05
January 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
Here is a thread that shows a cylinder full of 357s i shot today as well... So i can kind of shoot... I aint that good at it but i try
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=335119

Johnny Guest
January 28, 2008, 09:30 PM
For a shooting enthusiast, it is always fun to shoot as many new guns as possible.

But we still haven't seen a p;urpose to this thread.

Closed.

Johnny

If you enjoyed reading about "Got to shoot a glock today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!