My new 45ACP

PDA

John4me05
January 30, 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah i know the desk is messy.. My little girl likes to bring and take stuff so its like this during the day

The mighty 45ACP
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/guns/IMG_1496.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/guns/IMG_1495.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/guns/IMG_1494.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/john4me05/guns/IMG_1493.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "My new 45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
usp9
January 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
How do you like the Peep sight?

CPshooter
January 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
lol didnt even notice the peep sight. That has to be totally ineffective.

littlegator
January 30, 2008, 05:39 PM
What is it? I can't read the writing on the pics. Also, does that screw in the grip bother you at all?

hankdatank1362
January 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
Hi-Point

kingpin008
January 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
What is it?

Hi-Point .45

Hoppy590
January 30, 2008, 06:14 PM
its a hi point

hankdatank1362
January 30, 2008, 06:18 PM
I Veen! I vas virst! I'm a veener!

John4me05
January 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
I like the peep... I put it on when i took it out of the box... Nope... The screw doesnt even register as being there when i hold it... It has awesome mass to it... Very heavy but really balanced to me... I like the feel so far.. I may try to run a couple rounds through it tomorrow..

usp9
January 30, 2008, 06:37 PM
Is the barrel fixed as in other Hi-Points?

kd7nqb
January 30, 2008, 07:11 PM
Let us know how it shoots, also I like the idea of the peep not sure how well it will work. Let us know.

Guitargod1985
January 30, 2008, 10:24 PM
AAAAAAHHHHH!!! (turns and runs as if greeted by Hillary Clinton)

Seriously, though... I've never really heard anything bad about Hi-Points, in spite of their price. Let me know how it shoots.

DerbyDale
January 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
Congratulations!

You have a good pistol backed by a company with excellent customer service.

Shooting Times (http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/)has a really good review of the Hi-Point 40 & 45 if you haven't seen it.

bluetopper
January 30, 2008, 11:43 PM
Exquisite American craftsmanship. I'm envious.

spyderdude
January 31, 2008, 06:38 AM
Functional and chambered in a proven caliber. Let us know how it shoots, and hope it serves you well. You can't beat the lifetime warranty either!

critter
January 31, 2008, 08:50 AM
And if you run out of ammo, you still have a great club! (Ducking now!)

usp9
January 31, 2008, 08:59 AM
Is the barrel fixed as in other Hi-Points?

Answered by the Shooting Times link. Yes, straight blowback. I'll be interested in hearing about the recoil of the this model.

XDKingslayer
January 31, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm usually the last person to care about looks, but that is one ugly gun. I never thought I'd see something uglier than Glocks but along comes Hi-Point.

The interesting thing is that I've not heard one bad thing about them.

John4me05
January 31, 2008, 02:02 PM
Ran late at the Docs so i didnt get to run by the range (1/2 mile form the hosp... Go figure :D)... It might be ugly but its really one of the better feeling auto pistols i have held... It has a ton of mass to it but its really balanced.. I have the C9 model as well and it is top heavy... This JHP is slightly top heavy when empty but put a mag full of 230gr 45s in it and it just feels right...

proud2deviate
January 31, 2008, 05:59 PM
http://happybunny.orbitearthstores.com/images/wow%20ugly%20small.jpg

That's about the worst I've heard of them, though. Hope you enjoy it!

John4me05
January 31, 2008, 09:11 PM
I am sure i will.. I love the 9mm and am really happy with Hipoints... I think i am gonna love this one even more... Just due to the sheer size of what i am tossing down range

Beowolf1911
January 31, 2008, 09:22 PM
those things are gigantic for a single stack .45

The Lone Haranguer
February 1, 2008, 03:42 AM
My eyes! :what:

But I paid six times as much for a pistol that went precisely one shot before malfunctioning, so who am I to complain about looks. :o

Run&Shoot
February 1, 2008, 03:51 AM
Congrats on your new pistol and enjoy the .45. I think the .45ACp is the most fun of all cartridges to shoot in a pistol. And it is a good defense round as well. And it is usually pretty accurate due I guess to the low pressure which makes it easier to have consistent ballistic performance.

TimboKhan
February 1, 2008, 04:04 AM
I've never really heard anything bad about Hi-Points, in spite of their price.

You haven't been looking very hard then. There are plenty of hi-point haters out there, and to be truthful, I was one of them. I have changed my opinion about them because I came to realize that I have never talked to anyone who has shot or owned one that doesn't like them. I know, there are people that have had bad luck, but the company apparently stands behind it's product, and this whole ton of folks that like them can't be wrong.

E5
February 1, 2008, 09:51 AM
I've never understood why some (not all) people feel it neccesary to say negative things about a purchase someone makes that he is happy about. If you offer caution based on a negative experience you had with the product, GREAT. That's one of the reasons these boards are great. But all the comments stating "that's ugly!" really serve no purpose. The man bought a gun he is obviously happy about, and all you can offer is a snide comment?

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

John4me05
February 1, 2008, 01:43 PM
I've never understood why some (not all) people feel it neccesary to say negative things about a purchase someone makes that he is happy about. If you offer caution based on a negative experience you had with the product, GREAT. That's one of the reasons these boards are great. But all the comments stating "that's ugly!" really serve no purpose. The man bought a gun he is obviously happy about, and all you can offer is a snide comment?

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

I dont think the comments made in THIS thread are meant to be that way... Yeah they may be knocking the looks but ill admit like most that hte HPs arent the prettiest thing in the world... But i will also admit i think its wonderful... Its very low priced for a BNIB pistol out the door (I paid 221 and change for it out the door with a box of AE 230grs which were about 17 by themselves)... I grabbed the factory ammo cause i wanted more brass and i dont have the 45 die set yet... But what else can i get in 45 (or 40 S&W they had 1 of them for the same price) for around 200 bucks BNIB.... And provided it runs as well as my C9 does it will be 100% reliable... It has a high vis front sight, ghost ring included in the box with high vis rear sights on it, trigger lock (not that ill ever use it but its included), and a LIFETIME guarantee... I agree that you shouldnt need the warranty til 3K or more rounds but its nice to know its there if you ever need it..

If you enjoyed reading about "My new 45ACP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!