Tired of Sorting Brass

PDA

SR_
January 31, 2008, 10:12 PM
I saw a posting on a different forum earlier this week that mentioned this product http://www.shellsorter.com/index.html

Mine arrived today.

While not perfect, I am very pleased that I ordered one. I sorted about 1k brass. It didn't take very long at all!

The only negatives (which are minor):
> In a perfect world, the black pan would let the .380 brass pass through.

> The .38 brass - it got stuck in the blue (middle) pan - pointed down with the base stuck in the rack. I had a fair amount of .38 brass in one bag so it slowed me down a bit when I had to clean it out.

I help run a match at an indoor range and the SOs get to keep the brass. It use to take a long time to sort the brass by hand - now I can do it in a matter of minutes.

I think it is well worth the money.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tired of Sorting Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
esheato
February 1, 2008, 01:12 AM
Interesting..thanks for the review.

Ed

stevemis
February 1, 2008, 01:16 AM
Neat idea, was wondering if someone had a decent solution to that problem.

$40+shipping for three plastic bowls with holes in them makes me think I'm in the wrong business.

jmorris
February 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
I machined screens to sort different calibers, 45 from 40 from 9mm its not that big of a deal. If you want to sort 38 super from 9X19 from 9X18 from .380, that’s different, the only solution I found is in the photo below.

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=68610&d=1196952403

Waldog
February 2, 2008, 11:28 AM
I think the Shell Sorter was specifically designed with rimless cases in mind. I think I read that on their website. Anyhow, works great for sorting 45 ACP from 40 S&W from 9mm and smaller.:cool:

Mr White
February 2, 2008, 11:37 AM
When it can sort the Winchester brass from the Remington brass from the Lake City brass, I'll buy one. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Tired of Sorting Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!