Lesson learned and a new hobby

PDA

STW
February 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
I made a mistake after zeroing my powder scale the other day. I rezeroed it today and realized I have a new hobby - unloading at least 100 rounds of 45ACP with powder charges 70% over maximum. Santa is not the only one who needs to check everything twice (or thrice).

I do not like this new hobby. Apparently, checking every 5th or 10th charge doesn't mean much if the scale is calibrated incorrectly. Who'd a thunk?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lesson learned and a new hobby" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
paperpuncher49
February 2, 2008, 08:19 PM
That sucks big time. But take heart that most all of us have had to do the same at one time or another, so you're not alone!

Sunray
February 2, 2008, 08:26 PM
"...with powder charges 70% over maximum..." Far better to find it the way you did than after getting out of 'Emergency'.

presspuller
February 2, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah just be glad you caught it now instead of figuring it out about 3 seconds after you pulled the trigger on one of them.
Keep reminding yourself of that while you are pulling those bullets.

scrat
February 2, 2008, 08:38 PM
OUCH. just like what was mentioned good thing you figured that out now. Rather than after you fired a round or two.

SASS#23149
February 3, 2008, 12:09 AM
been there,done it.

It's a long time until 'we ' do it again,usually.

redneck2
February 3, 2008, 05:59 AM
I know that my empty pan is 122.9 grains. If the scale doesn't show that, I'm calibrating.

"Check weights" are your friend.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lesson learned and a new hobby" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!