45 brass

PDA

ammopoor
February 3, 2008, 04:49 PM
Both graf and midway never have once fired brass so where do you guys get your 45 acp without going broke. Sorry wasn't sure how to do search for this question

If you enjoyed reading about "45 brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackfork
February 3, 2008, 04:52 PM
I've picked up range brass until I have a couple thousand rounds I sort through. I go shoot 50 rounds and always seem to come back with 25 cases.

I do sort by headstamp when reloading so that each box is a match. The mixed headstamps I shoot in practice.

rcmodel
February 3, 2008, 05:42 PM
You might check with Brassman:

http://www.brassmanbrass.com/inventory-002.html

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

John4me05
February 3, 2008, 05:49 PM
Range pick up

actionflies
February 4, 2008, 03:42 AM
I have bought from him 3 times and the mixed onced fire brass are top notch.
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=114&t=450564

Jake in TX
February 4, 2008, 04:35 AM
I've also bought from GI Brass.

Jake in TX

dmftoy1
February 4, 2008, 07:12 AM
I used to buy it on Ebay . . .now I'd probably be checking gunbroker and the trading post here.

FWIW

emb
February 4, 2008, 08:14 AM
Range pick up. It sort the brass by brands-toss the military surplus, tumble, resize and trim to uniform length and tumble again. Then I'm good to go.

The .45s range pick up is getting slim. You have to be first or fast. So, I checked last week on the price of ordering some new bulk Winchester brass. I was surprised to learn that it was as much $$ or more than the bullets, even in bulk. I'll continue with the range pick up for now.

Graf has no shipping charge, but was slightly more $$ than Midway. That offset the lack of the shipping charge. But the price of these is going up too.

Any ideas on how to better catch your own brass? My CZ, Springfield, and Smith will put them all in the same relative place, but my Glock goes somewhere behind and all over.

Smokey Joe
February 4, 2008, 12:53 PM
No scarcity of .45 ACP @ the ranges I shoot. The hardest thing is sorting out the annoying .40 stuff from the .45's.

With the .45 ACP, the only brass I won't reload is the d***ed A-Merc. And last time I was sorting I found that an A-Merc case had slipped beneath my radar and I did load it. Fired it too, no problems.

Guess A-Merc's QC is slipping. They made a case that worked. :D

Anyhow, if I want another ice cream bucket of .45 ACP cases it would be a matter of perhaps 3-4 range trips to collect that much.

Citroen
February 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
I have bought some exceptionally clean and obviously once fired brass from Southern Belle. They are in the Memphis, TN area. You can find the latest info on their website.

What I have bought is all Speer and good value.

JOhn
Charlotte, NC

aka108
February 4, 2008, 02:40 PM
About every second trip to the range in Tallahassee the range is covered in 45 ACP brass. Sometimes 3 or 4 hundred cases lying around.

The Bushmaster
February 4, 2008, 03:29 PM
Range pickup and sorted for once fired cases...

eflatminor
February 4, 2008, 03:33 PM
I have approximately 15,000 pieces of .45 brass that I didn't pay a penny for - I just picked it up at ranges. I separate Winchester for Bullseye shooting and everything else for IPSC or IDPA.

Quickdraw McGraw
February 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Bought thousands and thousands of 45 brass on Ebay before they stopped selling it. Turned into a brass whore cause the prices were going up. Bout the smartest thing I've done in a while. Got enough to last quite a while!

45ACPUSER
February 4, 2008, 09:52 PM
brassmanbrass.com great source
Gunbroker
EE on AR15.com

jhansman
February 5, 2008, 10:06 PM
I paid $38 and change (shipped) for 500 once-fired from a chap named Brian:
(triplearockshop@triplearockshop.com)
It wasn't deprimed, but otherwise very clean and in excellent condition. Recommended.

castize
February 5, 2008, 10:47 PM
I think TJ Conevera has once fired for $43/1000

Luggernut
February 6, 2008, 12:22 AM
Some of you guys are lucky. It's a rare find for me these days to find .45 cases at the ranges. 9mm and .40 S&W are pletiful but it seems like everyone is saving .45ACP brass now.

I have about four thousand .45ACP rounds loaded, another thousand sized and primed and another thousand once fired on order. With the price of once fired so high I might just buy more Starline at about $135/1000. Problem is much of my shooting is IDPA/USPSA and I lose or mix brass with other shooters. :( I hate losing nice Starline brass and picking up cases that look like they've been loaded 100 times.

If you enjoyed reading about "45 brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!