midway all sold out

PDA

greyling22
February 6, 2008, 12:10 AM
anybody know why everything on midway is out of stock? called cabelas and they said they are selling huge amounts of reloading stuff lately. way more than normal. anybody know what the rush is? I'm just trying to start loading for a new caliber and can't get any of the parts I need. why the shortage? or sudden interest?

If you enjoyed reading about "midway all sold out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
IMtheNRA
February 6, 2008, 12:32 AM
1. Increased demand and hoarding by individuals who are trying to beat yet another price increase.

2. Limited production capacity dedicated to the civilian components market.

3. Large influx of new reloaders due to high loaded ammunition prices.

4. Large influx of new reloaders due to spot shortages in the loaded ammunition market.

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
February 6, 2008, 01:23 AM
What parts are you needin?

-Steve

wworker
February 6, 2008, 05:24 AM
anybody know what the rush is?

There may be some anticipation of a regime change in Washington too. Ammunition and components may be harder to obtain when the policies change as the US cycles left again.

greyling22
February 6, 2008, 07:36 AM
turret, primer holder (looks like a T) another autodisk, low end 1911 mag, grip frame screws, basically half my order.

floydster
February 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
I also ordered a Lee Classic turret and all the goodys, most everthing is on backorder, dang!!!!!
Floydster

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
February 6, 2008, 10:37 AM
I'll bet that if you posted a 'WANTED' in the Trading Post section for these items, (another autodisk, low end 1911 mag, grip frame screws), you'd have them for much cheaper. Some might even be new.

Other than that, there are several other vendors available for these components. Midway carries a fair amount of stuff, but their shipping fees ding you more than many other online/catalog outlets.

-Steve

greyling22
February 7, 2008, 10:11 AM
no kidding about shipping. I ended up going to cabelas store last night and paying way too much for my stuff and still came out ahead of shipping just to get the most critical of my parts. and I don't need a whole press, just wanted to get the 4 hold turret for my new dies.

ranger335v
February 7, 2008, 10:19 AM
"anybody know why everything on midway is out of stock?"

EVERYTHING???

Quigley
February 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
Clinton-Obama phobia. We saw it 11 years ago. Retailers have probably run inventory into the ground hoping the high prices might be a short term thing. Don't worry if they are completely out they will be ordering stock.

Anotherguy
February 7, 2008, 10:48 AM
There are also several states with nonsensical "bullet serialization" bills in their state legislatures. Illinois, Hawaii and Maryland come to mind. I doubt these bills will become law but I'd rather be prepared. If it was in the budget I'd be hoarding components right now too.

presspuller
February 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
Also you still got the Christmas rush and having to refill the shelves. I know the local places were about empty after Christmas and if everybody places orders at the same time its gonna take a bit to fill them all.

screwman
February 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
It's the time of year when companies run their stock low so there's less to inventory and pay tax on.

1911NM
February 7, 2008, 01:20 PM
Bingo!

38 Super Auto
February 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
"There are also several states with nonsensical "bullet serialization" bills in their state legislatures. Illinois, Hawaii and Maryland come to mind"

I read a story recently where Les Baer moved operations out of Illinois over to Iowa, where the gun laws are a little more sane. I love it when companies push back. I think Barrett also stopped selling their wares to some LE organizations in the peoples republic of CA due to oppressive laws regarding civilian ownership of 50 BMG rifles. :)

280shooter
February 7, 2008, 07:46 PM
well i went to bass pro shop they have very little in reloading anythng, i asked whats up, oh i think we're getting out of the reolading business, so i went to gandr mountain,found the powder i needed, but all the reloading stuff is going high,something about the cost of lead coming from china,and sinse the 911, all the primmers and powder have more shipping pricings, higher cost go rght to us the buyers,hell i usd to buy powder,for 10 bucks a pound, now i bought a pound for 25 bucks at basspro last week, I sure was surprised to see they had a few pounds of 4198,do your on line shopping,look for deals.

Seafarer12
February 8, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well I am sure a war going on isnt helping the powder and primer supplies. The store I go to is running short on small pistol and small rifle primers. Powder is also a bit hit or mis on supply.

wworker
February 8, 2008, 09:42 PM
Midway isn't the only source in short supply. I went to a gunshow today and TNT didn't have very much in bullets.

fugi99
February 8, 2008, 11:46 PM
I also ordered a Lee Classic turret and all the goodys, most everthing is on backorder, dang!!!!!
Floydster

Go to http://www.leeprecision.com/

It costs a little more straight from the factory for some reason. But everything seems to be in stock and they only charge $4 shipping.

budiceman
February 9, 2008, 12:24 AM
midway has been out of lee mould handles for over a month now! Lots of others are out of stock too!

mrawesome22-250
February 9, 2008, 12:20 PM
We are getting ready to vote in a left wing, gun grabber who would love it if we could no longer buy reloading supplies.

Better stock up now.

K3
February 9, 2008, 03:25 PM
Cabelas actually had Federal SR primers. Ordered 1000.

Also ordered 1000 Fed LR primers from Powder Valley, along with assorted 1# containers of powder.

What I was having a hard time finding was 150gr Corelokt bullets for .30-30. Cabelas had them, so I got 300 along with my primers.

You gotta shop around, but chances are you'll find what you need.

I think I got lucky on the Federal primers in both cases. I may order some 5000 counts of each. Not sure though.

scrat
February 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
i was looking for a good brass antique powder flask. I first tried Cabelas as i have my cabelas club card there. Out of stock. So i went on midways site. In stock. This has happened about 4 times in the last month.

I totally agree though on buying lee items direct from lee. It will cost you a little more. However when i buy from lee precision i try to buy as much as i can. So in the end i make out pretty good as the shipping charge for the whole entire order is only $4.00

If you enjoyed reading about "midway all sold out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!