Winchester Premium Bullets

PDA

carnaby
February 7, 2008, 10:52 AM
I've looked and looked, but Winchester premium bullets, such as those used in their Ranger handgun ammo, and XP bullet used in their Supreme Elite hunting ammo just aren't available to reloaders.

Is there some place these bullets can be found? If not, why doesn't Winchester supply them to reloaders?

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Premium Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDefender
February 7, 2008, 11:42 AM
Speer Gold Dots and Remington Golden Sabers are available and also did well in the FBI type denim tests. Also, Hornady's XTP is available. All three of these have done well in the gelatin tests I have perused. Here is a good reference source I rely upon that seems to be continously updated.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/

carnaby
February 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
True, I know there are good bullets available. I use GS's and XTP's. I also use good hunting bullets from Hornady and Sierra. I'm just curious why Winchester doesn't make their premium bullets available to reloaders.

Thanks for the link :)

IMtheNRA
February 7, 2008, 12:22 PM
Because they would prefer to sell more loaded ammunition.

carnaby
February 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
Because they would prefer to sell more loaded ammunition.
Doesn't work with me, I don't buy loaded ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Premium Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!