A girl and a shotgun (poster or sorts)

PDA

Oleg Volk
January 11, 2003, 12:57 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn/dressed-armed_s.jpg (http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn/dressed-armed.jpg)

Antis say that everyone has a right to feel safe. How about the peace of mind for the people whose feeling safety comes from a 12-gauge close at hand? Their feelings are as valid as those of others, eh.

PS: The model reads THR

If you enjoyed reading about "A girl and a shotgun (poster or sorts)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
January 11, 2003, 01:51 PM
WOW, my kind of girl! If I were 30 years younger and single(G).

Thanks, Oleg, another good'un...

sm
January 11, 2003, 01:57 PM
Yes another good photo and message, thanks Oleg

Interesting, my 73 y/o mom feels the same way, with her youth NEF 20 ga. at home.

Soap
January 11, 2003, 02:10 PM
Good poster! I think you do a great job in keeping the non-threatening look of the people in your work. Also, thanks for finally letting me see what a sidesaddle looks like mounted on a Nova!

Frohickey
January 11, 2003, 02:10 PM
Oleg... I didn't know that you were making cheesecake photographs now. :what:

As to the manner with which the shells are loaded in the side saddle, shouldn't the shells be loaded from the top instead of the bottom? When its loaded from the top, you have a better chance of the shells staying in while you take a few shots. The other way, recoil and handling can cause the shells to drop to the ground.

I must admit, that the first thing I saw was the shotgun.

MiniZ
January 11, 2003, 02:28 PM
Great poster Oleg.

As for the manner the shells are loaded in the sidesaddle, I think it is a manner of personal preference. I have never had shells come out of my sidesaddles unless I wanted them to. Having them brass down facilitates pulling them down and into the mag, vs. pulling up, and then coming down, then into the mag.

Frohickey
January 11, 2003, 02:54 PM
I agree with the brass downward to facilitate the loading of the shotgun...

But wouldn't it be a waste to position it downward if the shells were to fall on the ground when you least expect it?

Remember... Murphy is ALWAYS out there. And he doesn't need extra help. :o

Gila Jorge
January 11, 2003, 03:07 PM
Would not work on my Browning 2000 as I palm them in from the left side of the gun. So I usually carry a couple on my left hand. In addition to the 5 already in the magazine. No I don't hunt migratory wildfowl with this particular gun so need no plug.

PJR
January 11, 2003, 03:40 PM
Fine looking poster like that and you guys are debating the position of the shells in the sidesaddle? Was that where you eyes went first? ;)

HSMITH
January 11, 2003, 03:41 PM
Very nice looking woman and a very valid point.

sasnofear
January 11, 2003, 04:12 PM
nice but they could a got a better grl
! ;)

HS/LD
January 11, 2003, 04:17 PM
Always Good Posters Oleg.

Regards,
HS/LD

Skunkabilly
January 11, 2003, 04:47 PM
Back off guys, isn't that Robin/Robyn, Lendringer's yogurt enforcer?

Gewehr98
January 11, 2003, 07:53 PM
Most of us don't know who she is.

(Discretion being the better part of valor)

Duke of Lawnchair
January 11, 2003, 10:11 PM
Pretty much the same shotgun my girlfriend has, sans sidesaddle.

Fun gun.

Great poster.

Betty
January 11, 2003, 10:21 PM
Yes, that's Robin with one of Lendringser's fun guns - though I think my 11-87 is cooler. Both work on yogurt sufficiently. :p

Skunkabilly
January 12, 2003, 06:06 PM
Too bad that baby can't take a foreend taclight :(

Edward429451
January 12, 2003, 07:47 PM
Great poster Oleg. Very tasteful and poignant.:)

XavierBreath
January 13, 2003, 01:54 AM
Oleg,
I was at your site the other night looking at your work. You need to market this stuff! If only the NRA and like organizations could be so eloquent!

Guyon
January 14, 2003, 11:32 PM
Good pic all around.

I for one feel safer with a 12 gauge by the bed.

As for the side saddle, I have a 4-shot and actually keep 2 buck shot down and 2 slugs up. That way, even in the dark, I know what I'm pulling.

Frohickey
January 15, 2003, 12:09 AM
Fine looking poster like that and you guys are debating the position of the shells in the sidesaddle? Was that where you eyes went first?

What are you trying to insinuate?

To be tactical, you have to think tactical. :D

Marko Kloos
January 15, 2003, 11:00 PM
I think my 11-87 is cooler.

Your 1187 is pretty dang cool, all right. I like to think that my Nova is cool in a different way, but that autochuckin' scattergun of yours does have a high drool factor.

The one thing I dislike about the baby side saddle for the Nova is the fact that you have to replace the convenient takedown pins on the trigger module with longer ones which are screwed into the side saddle via hex head wrench. You lose the ability to just push the pins out with the mag tube cap for quick takedown and cleaning. I hate having to use tools for field-stripping, but those four extra rounds double the on-hand capacity.

MitchSchaft
January 15, 2003, 11:13 PM
Hubba..

Ewok_Guy
January 16, 2003, 12:07 AM
Fine weapon.

Tamara
January 16, 2003, 01:26 PM
runt_ has a stylin' Scattergun Technologies 11-87, lendringser has the futuristic-looking Nova, rennaissancemann has a completely pimped-out Benelli M1... I need to keep up with the Joneses; I'm starting to get a complex about my scuffed-up ex-po-po 870 when all my buds have these swoopy shotguns! :eek: ;)

Oleg Volk
January 16, 2003, 01:33 PM
And how do I feel...all I got is a 20ga "Lady defender" :o

buzz_knox
January 16, 2003, 01:54 PM
That way, even in the dark, I know what I'm pulling. Very tempting opening there. Very tempting indeed. But I shall refrain. ;)

ruger357
January 16, 2003, 02:52 PM
Nice shotgun;) :D :evil:

Coronach
January 16, 2003, 04:16 PM
Nice shotgun. Tasteful poster. Beautiful model.

Tamara, don't feel behind the times with a scuffed-up 870. My Ninja shotgun is just an ex-popo 870 with the same bells and whistles hung on it as my cruiser gun. It works just fine.

Heck...the cruiser gun has a nice patina of rust on the powdercoat finish. We TOLD the chain of command that this will happen if you store guns in trunks, but they never listen...

It still goes bang, every time.

Mike

Dave McCracken
January 16, 2003, 04:34 PM
Tamara, spend the money on ammo, training and range time, then kick all their butts with that old 870.

90% of effectiveness is the software. IOW, committment, practice, thought and attitude.

ruger357
January 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
I'm with you Dave.

Oleg Volk
January 16, 2003, 05:36 PM
One advantage of an 1187 over the 870 is its mild recoil which makes practicing the other 90% much easier. But Tam isn't a snivelling whimp, so it might not matter much.

JeepDriver
January 16, 2003, 07:13 PM
Oleg,

I just found A Human Right.

Your work is amazing.

If you enjoyed reading about "A girl and a shotgun (poster or sorts)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!