When did they start requiring serial numbers on .22's

PDA

Seafarer12
February 8, 2008, 01:36 PM
I was just looking at the history page on Remingtons site and was looking at the page for my 572. I got to looking at mine and noticed it didnt have a serial number on it. I had never noticed it before. I bought it from a guy years ago but since there wasn't any paperwork I never thought about it. I was thinking about sending the number to Remington to date the gun but I guess not.

If you enjoyed reading about "When did they start requiring serial numbers on .22's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PTK
February 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
All guns were required to have serial numbers after 1968. Many had them before that, but they weren't required.

briansmithwins
February 8, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think that's the '68 GCA.

They may be able to date it from assembly/part numbers. Contact the factory to find out. BSW

Seafarer12
February 8, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thats what I was thinking but I wasnt sure. I guess my 572 is older than I thought.

If you enjoyed reading about "When did they start requiring serial numbers on .22's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!