Parts For W.richards Belgian

PDA

enastmagas
February 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hello to all,

I'm looking for any parts for W. Richards Belgian double barrel shotgun. Specifically, I need a hand stock and replacement hammers. I would be interested in purchasing regardless of condition. Feel free to contact me at 1-603-444-5641

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts For W.richards Belgian" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
February 11, 2008, 03:44 PM
Those guns were among the tons of inexpensive shotguns imported in the late 19th and early 20th century. The "W. Richards" was phoney, intended to fool the customer into thinking the gun was made by Westley Richards, the famous English gunmaker. I know of no parts source. You could have a gunsmith/stockmaker make the necessary parts, but to be honest, I think the cost would be significantly more than the gun is worth. Another factor is that the gun almost certainly has Damascus barrels and would be unsafe to fire.

One source for hammers might be Dixie (www.dixiegunworks.com). Their catalog shows hammers that are unfinished and MIGHT be adapted to that gun at least for show.

Jim

enastmagas
February 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks very much for the response. I've read many other posts throughout the net that indicate how unsafe it is to fire that weapon. It's best I just hang it over the fireplace.

rcmodel
February 14, 2008, 05:57 PM
More then likely that's why the hammers are missing now.

Someone else reached the same conclusion many years ago and rendered it mostly harmless.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts For W.richards Belgian" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!