CMP Carbine's?

PDA

transformerguru
February 8, 2008, 09:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a CMP Carbine and does it come with a magazine? I am thinking of getting one, mostly because at shows around here they are OVER $1000!!! I'm thinking just a rack grade one will be sufficient for me. Just looking for some feedback on what the CMP is sending out, pictures are appreciated :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "CMP Carbine's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmftoy1
February 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
Nope, they don't come with mag's . . .dead simple to find 15 rounders (USGI) at the local gunshows. I picked up a couple of 30 rounder (aftermarkets) to play with but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully my Win SG and 1000 rounds of PMC ammo will be here by this time next week! :)

transformerguru
February 8, 2008, 09:39 PM
good to know!!! I have plenty at the moment, I bought a Auto Ordinance Carbine last year and picked up 8 magazines over the year. But more the merrier :)

Ignition Override
February 10, 2008, 03:31 AM
Transformerguru;

My AutoOrdnance carbine (the first gun I ever bought), brand-new three months before something broke, is back in the factory. My only gun background was a few times with the old Savage single-shot .22. :)Period.

The flat piece on the top of the breech (don't know the terms), came out of the slot on the right side of the action and was really screwed up. The experienced gunsmith here decided not touch it. He might have suspected that it was probably still under warranty.
The store manager chatted briefly with him and they mailed it back.

Are the older M-1s much more reliable than those built by Kahr-or was mine just a fluke? The first problem might have been the magazine spring. One of every 4-5 rounds (Remington copper jacket, 110-grain) did not go up into the chamber. About 8-10 boxes were used and it was cleaned after each session.

Will Kahr repair it or send me a brand-new one?
I only want one that is really reliable. My recent thoughts are that I should have bought a Ruger mini-14 for plinking. They appear (on this website) to be very reliable.

FMJMIKE
February 10, 2008, 09:37 AM
The USGI M1 Carbines are better than the Kahr guns. The Mini-14 is a great gun too. Very reliable. I have both.........
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mbmphoto/Mini14a.jpg
This is my Winchester "House" gun......
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mbmphoto/WinGlock.jpg

transformerguru
February 10, 2008, 01:13 PM
Ignition
yours sounds like a fluke. The only problem I have had with mine has been the Wolf steel cased ammo. Mine is real temperamental with it. With that said though, I only had about 10 or so jams out of 250 rounds of it. I have heard that Kahr/ Auto Ordinance it using the same tooling as the GI carbine. They bought the machines and blueprints to do this. I am not sure if that is the case, but that is what I heard. I am not sure what the warranty entitles with the exchange/ repair poilcy is, might wanna go to www.tommygun.com and ask them. As for the older m1's as more reliable... not sure I wanna get one to find out:) I do know that the new ones are more accurate due to the lack of ammo being pumped through them. Good luck with yours and post what you find out.

30Cal
February 10, 2008, 08:34 PM
My CMP carbine was pretty much new.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMP Carbine's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!