This looks Promising!

PDA

Jim Scoutten
January 11, 2003, 12:21 PM
Gentlemen:

This is the first visit, since learning of the closing of TFL. And it initially looks like the same gathering of the usual suspects. ;)

We'll link up the Highroad off my website to replace the TFL Link.

Then I'll drop back to tell you there are going to be a lot more AS Shows coming this year. New deal with OLN.

Regards,

Jim Scoutten

If you enjoyed reading about "This looks Promising!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
January 11, 2003, 12:23 PM
Hiya, Jim! Nice to have you back. Don't be a stranger!

(Hey, how about a show on gun forums on the Internet??? I know one that would be perfect as an example... :D )

Mal H
January 11, 2003, 12:37 PM
Welcome to our new digs, Jim! We've redecorated a little, but it has the same cozy feeling as TFL.

Some of your audience was asking about you and AS here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2104

Airwolf
January 11, 2003, 12:39 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you Jim!

We were starting to go into withdrawal waiting for new ones. :D

New_comer
January 11, 2003, 12:51 PM
I guess most of us have not yet been properly introduced...

Any info on your interests would be most welcome...

Oh, where are my manners?

WELCOME TO THR, JIM!!! :D:D:D

MP-44
January 11, 2003, 12:53 PM
Great! I can't wait to see some new stuff.

BTW, will AS ever do a segment on Adult Airguns?

cordex
January 11, 2003, 12:59 PM
Good to see you here, Jim.

thumbtack
January 11, 2003, 01:25 PM
Hey Jim,

I really enjoy your show, and I try to watch evertime it comes on. The Bob Munden segements are very entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Greg L
January 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
Good to see you here Jim. Also good to hear about the new shows.

Greg

ojibweindian
January 11, 2003, 01:44 PM
Hey Jim!

My cable company finally got OLN! Nice to see you again. A suggestion for your show, if I may? How about doing something on rimfire silouhette shooting?

Dave P
January 11, 2003, 01:46 PM
Scouten, your show last night with the highpower rifles was great - keep it up! And old whats-his-name was excellent with the duck, duck, goose routine!

Friday nite is the right time for this show; aren't you glad you took my advice?

Betty
January 11, 2003, 01:46 PM
Howdy, neighbor! Enjoy the forums! :cool:

YankeeRebel
January 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
Jim,

Nice to see that you are here. One thing that I would like to see in Bob munden's shot of the week is the safety precautions taken when shooting up in the air. I have always wondered what is down range of the shots into the air. We all need to be aware of where we shoot and I think this would be good.

thisaway
January 11, 2003, 04:37 PM
Mr. Scoutten,
Interesting that you live in Franklin. I have not been to the Carter House yet...have been intending to do a day trip for years. I do Civil War reenactments and need to see the battlefield. Maybe I'll bump into you one day.

Jim Scoutten
January 11, 2003, 04:44 PM
This a way:

You'd better hurry up and visit. The city council recently approved some expansion of city facilities. It was a big dust up, but the truth is, there's not much more than 5 acres or so of battlefield left in Franklin.

Jim

Jim Scoutten
January 11, 2003, 04:47 PM
And a note for Yankee-Rebel (undecided?)

We shoot Bob Munden's stuff on a range near his home in Montana. About 98 percent of Montana is empty and, over the years, I've pointed out Bob has empty space to shoot in the air.

I'll make a point to explain that again in the new series of shows.

Jim

Kcustom45
January 11, 2003, 06:12 PM
Mr. Scoutten
Glad to see you made it to THR, I was hoping you would come join us. I am looking forward to the new episodes of American Shooter.

Jspy
January 12, 2003, 08:48 AM
Welcome Jim. I'm looking forward to seeing some new episodes of AS. :)

Fly320s
January 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
How about some advertising to get the AS ball rolling?

I wonder how much it would cost to put a short ad or maybe a screen crawler on during American Shooter. We could have something like, "This shooting safety tip sponsered by the TheHighRoad.org firearms forum."

It would spread the word about THR and show the folks over at Outdoor Life Network how many people want to see more of the show.

Calamity Jane
January 12, 2003, 01:14 PM
Welcome, Jim! And that's great news about the upcoming shows! :cool:

Jim Scoutten
January 12, 2003, 06:17 PM
I'll almost certainly do some web promoting of the better forums (this would be one of them) on the show.

When we get to that, you guys need to put out the welcome mat for the newbies who then may turn up.

And, in turn, help me get the word out that there will be new shows coming... and that the American Shooter website will NOT be the place to hear about what's happening and when. As I posted earlier, we'll convert my site to information on the show and link the schedule out of OLN's site, like we currently do.

So let your buddies know what's coming... and I'll take care of finding you new members.

Jim

Jim Scoutten
January 12, 2003, 06:22 PM
I'll almost certainly do some web promoting of the better forums (this would be one of them) on the show.

When we get to that, you guys need to put out the welcome mat for the newbies who then may turn up.

And, in turn, help me get the word out that there will be new shows coming... and that the American Shooter website will NOT be the place to hear about what's happening and when. As I posted earlier, we'll convert my site to information on the show and link the schedule out of OLN's site, like we currently do.

So let your buddies know what's coming... and I'll take care of finding you new members.

Jim

Jim Scoutten
January 12, 2003, 06:23 PM
I'm out of town and using AOL to hook up and the server doesn't like it much.

Can one of the Moderators clean up the multiple messages?

Thanks,

Jim

OF
January 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
Good to see you here, Jim. I need to make more noise out here and get the cable company to pony up for OLN. It's Adelphia out here, and OLN ain't on the roster right now.

But I'm on 'em like white on rice. :)

- Gabe

OF
January 12, 2003, 06:39 PM
Good to see you here, Jim. I need to make more noise out here and get the cable company to pony up for OLN. It's Adelphia out here, and OLN ain't on the roster right now.

But I'm on 'em like white on rice. :)

- Gabe

PATH
January 12, 2003, 11:12 PM
Mr. Scoutten it is great to see you here. My friend has to tape the show for me as my cable compnay does not carry the show.

PATH
January 12, 2003, 11:15 PM
Mr. Scoutten it is great to see you here. My friend has to tape the show for me as my cable compnay does not carry the show.

Carlos Cabeza
January 13, 2003, 12:05 PM
WOW ! The real Jim Scoutten !!!!!

Well howdy Sir !

Carlos Cabeza
January 13, 2003, 12:06 PM

Well howdy Sir !

Carlos Cabeza
January 13, 2003, 12:06 PM

Well howdy Sir !

Carlos Cabeza
January 13, 2003, 12:12 PM

Well howdy Sir !

Schuey2002
January 25, 2003, 06:26 AM
I just had to say this...

Welcome, Jim ! :D

Topgun
October 21, 2003, 06:04 PM
going to become a regular poster, too?

:confused:

Sisco
October 21, 2003, 06:17 PM
Know what sucks?
Cox cable moved OLN to their digital tier of programing, I don't get it anymore. Guess I could subscribe but I already pay too much to watch TV.
:fire:

jrhead75
October 21, 2003, 06:17 PM
Welcome Jim!

I'm new here, but been a big fan of your show for a while. Happily, my cable co picked up OLN last go round, so I get to be a regular fan now too.

MaterDei
October 21, 2003, 06:21 PM
Talk about reviving an old thread...:)

TarpleyG
October 21, 2003, 07:43 PM
Gotta be some sorta record or somethin'

GT

If you enjoyed reading about "This looks Promising!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!