if you had to go in combat

PDA

HOLY DIVER
February 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
we have seen allot of threads about should the military go to a different rifle
so i'm listing some combat rifles and if zombies invaded tommorow witch do you want to trust your life with?

If you enjoyed reading about "if you had to go in combat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
General Geoff
February 10, 2008, 11:36 PM
are we talking fast, aggressive zombies or slow, moaning type zombies? :D

Darthbauer
February 10, 2008, 11:38 PM
I like the slow moaning zombies.

HOLY DIVER
February 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
LOL these zombies would prob arrive via china

RockyMtnTactical
February 10, 2008, 11:41 PM
M4 for me.

Fast Frank
February 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
I own an Mforgery.

I'm used to it, and have trained with it.

It would be stupid to fight with something else.

GRB
February 10, 2008, 11:47 PM
M14 for me only because so many who have been in military combat have praised it as compared to others, especially as compared to the AR15 or anything else that shoots .223 ammo..

Hoppy590
February 10, 2008, 11:49 PM
FAL, AK, M14, SKS all good zombie guns.

i went with FAL at this. as the idea of "Combat" to me involved living being. zombies would be "hunting" or "survival"

R.W.Dale
February 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
I chose the FAL. Cause when ammo is exhausted the FAL makes a much better club with which to bash in some ZOMBIE skulls

HOLY DIVER
February 10, 2008, 11:50 PM
the 308 does have more knock down power no dout but you can't carry as much ammo......thats the US military's stance on it

phaed
February 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
are we talking fast, aggressive zombies or slow, moaning type zombies?

i was surprised when i saw "28 days later" how fast those damned zombies were. made me rethink my tactics.

HOLY DIVER
February 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
maybee buckshot would be better for fast moving zombies?lol

datruth
February 11, 2008, 12:07 AM
DSA stg 58 308 , backed up by glock 21sf

Bazooka Joe71
February 11, 2008, 12:25 AM
For living beings, the AR 15 and the M 14 would be a toss up, for the living dead I'd go with an AR 15 because less recoil would be crucial for having to score multiple head shots in a hurry when hoards of zombies are right on your tail :p.

i was surprised when i saw "28 days later" how fast those damned zombies were. made me rethink my tactics.

Thats because they weren't zombies...Zombies are the living dead, those people in 28 Days Later were infected with a disease called "rage."

Eightball
February 11, 2008, 12:32 AM
I actually voted SKS. Why? I have an M1 Carbine, but ammo's hard to find. I have an AR, but I haven't gotten familiar enough with it yet to know if I'd trust my life to it--especially with the second-rate, temporary sight I have on there ATM. My M1 Garand would be a good choice, but it's not on the list. Leaving the SKS--always works, and has that built-in pigsticker. Plus, I have around 700 rounds for the thing.

If I was given more time and some availability of better accessories (sights, mags, optics) ant ammo, that would be my pick.

rockinrussky
February 11, 2008, 12:42 AM
For all intents and purposes, if Zombies are in fact the 'enemy combatant' at hand then I would stick with my FAL. Below are the following reasons:

While an intermediate cartridge would be good against a living human being, it would not have quite the same effect upon the undead. Whether we're talking about the 5.56 NATO or even the heavier 7.62X39, each would have to hit a vital spot like the head to truly be effective. Otherwise, based on anecdotal cinematographic evidence the undead enemy combatant would need to be hit multiple times thus creating a waste of ammo and opportunity cost in terms of time. Keep in mind, trauma or death caused from a loss of blood or fragmentation that the 5.56 does is non-applicable in such a scenario. With a battle rifle round like the 7.62 NATO its a reasonable claim that simply hitting the aforementioned ZOMBIE's center of mass would more than likely put it out of commission if not 'killing' it entirely. Really, any semi automatic rifle chambered in .308 you're comfortable using should be fine for such an event.
Conclusion:
I think about this stuff much more than is healthy for any human being. Good night. :D

meef
February 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
we have seen allot of threads about should the military go to a different rifle:cool:

Fact is.... we've seen alllllllllot of them.

mljdeckard
February 11, 2008, 01:07 AM
(In Homer voice) "Stupid dead horse, die MORE!!" (Kick, stomp, whip......)

Ready2Defend
February 11, 2008, 01:11 AM
M-14, because you didn't put the Garand on the list.

biscuitninja
February 11, 2008, 01:28 AM
M14, but i'm a long range kinda guy....
-bix

CU74
February 11, 2008, 01:48 AM
I love these polls...............

At age 65 and living in a rural area of a fly-over state (Kansas), I consider my "opportunities" for combat, against zombies or any other massed invasion force, about as good as my opportunities for competing in the Olympic track meets. The bigger question for me is, "Why do I even open these threads?"

Matt-J2
February 11, 2008, 01:57 AM
The bigger question for me is, "Why do I even open these threads?"

Evil Mutant Wheat.

Bigfoot
February 11, 2008, 02:47 AM
Bazooka Joe71

for the living dead I'd go with an AR 15 because less recoil would be crucial for having to score multiple head shots in a hurry when hoards of zombies are right on your tail

What he said. AR in 5.56. Accuracy, light recoil and plenty of power for zombie melon popping.

If it's not for zombies it's a close call but I'd choose an AR in 6.8 or 6.5.

possum
February 11, 2008, 03:03 AM
if you had to go in combat
i am currently on my second deployment to the sandbox, i am an nco and an 11b. i have used and trust the m16/m4 series of weapons. i have never had any issues in training or in tactical/combat scenarios. they have went bang everytime i needed them and i am very happy with there performance.

more to follow i have to go.

Prince Yamato
February 11, 2008, 03:09 AM
I like how nobody picked the Mini-14 :).

Wes Janson
February 11, 2008, 03:16 AM
If we're to assume headshots are the only way to stop zombies, and they're moving fast, then I must apologize to all of my 7.62 battle rifles, because the M4 is hands down the best choice.

Vityaz
February 11, 2008, 04:15 AM
I'm going with M14.

My M1A's never let me down.

Andrewsky
February 11, 2008, 04:16 AM
I would take an M14.

Andrewsky
February 11, 2008, 04:17 AM
Vityaz said:

I'm going with M14.

After all, it says combat, not zombie outbreak.

Did you read the original post?

It is very clear.

Vityaz
February 11, 2008, 04:18 AM
You have no proof I said that! :neener:

Andrewsky
February 11, 2008, 04:20 AM
Except you edited your post at the same time I responded.

Arguing with you is like arguing with an anti, I swear.

The_Antibubba
February 11, 2008, 04:31 AM
I own an SKS, and I'd be comfortable with it, but I voted AK-47.

If the AR-15 platform is like a Nikon SLR, the AK is like a cheap point and shoot. I don't need perfect one-hole kills at 300 meters. Just "Re-dead and stayin' down". :D

HM2PAC
February 11, 2008, 05:55 AM
I chose M14 because the G3 and the M1 were not on the list.

possum
February 11, 2008, 06:07 AM
i will continue, with proer maintaince and attentio they are great and they do the job they are designed to do, but this is true with anything especially in the desert/ sandy etc conditions. i have and haven't had any isuess with any of my assigned weapons in the military when it comes to the m16/m4 series of weapons.

woodybrighton
February 11, 2008, 08:21 AM
SLR and aim for the legs a centre body mass hit might not take a zombie down
but missing a leg is going to slow them up and I don't think zombies are much good at hoping

Acheron
February 11, 2008, 08:23 AM
I picked an AK because there were no Mosins on the list :D.

Long live 7.62x54R!

stubbicatt
February 11, 2008, 08:25 AM
If I had to go into combat it would be the end of the world as we know it, as this 4F body would sit back in my easy chair, sip whiskey, and leave that nonsense to the young fellas. Too old, and just don't care that much anymore.

Mac Attack
February 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
I would go with a M4 with a can.

Compared to other rifles, I can carry a whole bunch more rounds; then say a M14. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to shoot a zombie in the head to kill it, right? So size of the round does not really matter. A M4 is more than accurate for a head shot at CQC or long range.

CryingWolf
February 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
What no shotguns?

Aliens 1986:

Hicks; "I like to keep this handy for close encounters."

Hicks pulls out a shotgun when everyone had to remove their ammo packs because they are under a reactor.

Zombies and aliens around a reactor, definitely shotgun. From the choices above I will take an AR15 please.

Oh I have to add this quote too:

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

qwert65
February 11, 2008, 09:22 AM
If I was fighting humans I woulda picked the AR, but I chose the M-14. I have to admit I'm not up on zombies so I'd like a little more power and range

Cmdr. Gravez0r
February 11, 2008, 09:25 AM
Another vote for the SKS here...customized of course. Techsites, target post, "stock" stock, and tapco 20's. And bayonet. How can you forget the bayonet? Any rifle without one should be taken off the list...

H2O MAN
February 11, 2008, 09:59 AM
A modernized M14 with an 18.0" barrel and a few 25 round CMI mags will work for me :)

http://www.athenswater.com/images/MK14Mod1-small.jpg

AndyC
February 11, 2008, 10:38 AM
Whatever's handy - I don't care.

JesseL
February 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
I still say that zombie attacks are one of the few areas where an FN P/PS-90 would really shine. Low recoil, adequate penetration (for necrotic craniums anyway), and high capacity seem ideal for hordes of living dead.

okiewita40
February 11, 2008, 11:07 AM
Ihad to go with the AK-47. If we are going to kill hordes of zombies those AR's are going to get dirty. Why I can go 3-4 times longer with the AK before I have to find a hiding spot to clean it.

RLsnow
February 11, 2008, 11:14 AM
id strap on a full roman armor :P and of course the shield, and the sword :D

db_tanker
February 11, 2008, 11:45 AM
I actually chose the AR-15 due to the, IMO, ease of finding ammo, mags and parts due to the plethora of gun-shops around here in this part of Texas. Plus we have a rather large amount of .mil bases and reserve stations around here as well.

HOWEVER

I am sure I won't be leaving my pistols or my FAL, AK and bolt rifles behind. :)

And the good old, trusty Ruger 10/22. :D

D

briansmithwins
February 11, 2008, 12:02 PM
Depends on the circumstances:

Fast Zombies that die easy OR slow zombies that you have to shoot to pieces?

Logistics: Ammo, spare parts and cleaning supplies are available OR I only have a stick and can of hair grease to maintain my rifle with?

Best case I'd go for the AR, worst case it's the AK. BSW

Freedomv
February 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
The M-14 for me as I have fired many thousands of rounds through that rifle, it is an extinction of my being.
The M-16 family of weapons just seem awkward in my hands. The FAL rifle I owned held no comparison to the M-14 or M-1 Garand. Mini-14 did not fit me. Not enough range or accuraccy with AK & SKS.

Vern

atblis
February 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
I suspect you meant extension rather than "extinction".

Daewoo K2 for me please.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Daewoo_K2_kzl.JPG/800px-Daewoo_K2_kzl.JPG

H2O MAN
February 11, 2008, 02:05 PM
Good choice! I love DAEWOO rifles and wish they were still imported.

Matt-J2
February 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
Witch one? Why, the wicked one in the west, of course.

col_tapiocca
February 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
I voted AK-47 from the list.
But I'll feel more comfortable with my SIG Mod. 550 assault rifle alias Stgw 90.
Reliability similar to AK47 but accuracy of a AR15 and it's "sponsored" by our government:p

Ratshooter
February 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
I don't think zombies are much good at hoping

Thats right, when you are a Zombie all hope is gone. Sorry, i couldn't resist.

Bazooka Joe71
February 11, 2008, 03:08 PM
Daewoo K2 for me please.

Yes, I would like to change my vote please.:D

waynecrothers
February 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
as a a ex grunt , all I can say to those guys that think that the M-14 and M-1 would be their weapons of choice, apparently they haven't had to hump those heavy weapons and ammo. The M-16/ M-4 are a good weapon. Although not as lethal as the 7.62 nato they have distinctive advantages. The military has long recognized that wounded enemy soldiers create more problems on the battlefield than dead ones, thus reduced manpower. The 5.56 nato is a nasty weapon and extremely efficient. I,ve heard the military has come out with a 6.8mm. Their answer for the Ak series of weapons. Can anyone tell me how this weapon is doing? All said, our boys are still using the 5.56 and doing a fine job over in the so called "Sand Castle"

Coronach
February 11, 2008, 04:21 PM
If I had to go? That's an easy answer, but it's not on your list.

M109A6

Mike :D

H2O MAN
February 11, 2008, 04:26 PM
waynecrothers:
All said, our boys are still using the 5.56 and doing a fine job over in the so called "Sand Castle"
Plenty of our warriors are currently humping the 7.62mm x 51 NATO M14 in the Sand Box with great success an no complaints.

Freedomv
February 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
Atblis said; I suspect you meant extension rather than "extinction".

You are correct. I should have proof read better, Oh well, I'm glad that you caught that.

Vern

UnTainted
February 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
yay zombies!!!

UnTainted
February 11, 2008, 05:03 PM
yay zombies!!!

Ala Dan
February 11, 2008, 05:07 PM
M14 for me as well~! I like for zombies too be KIA's~! :D ;)

Neo-Luddite
February 11, 2008, 05:28 PM
I own SKS's and a mini and have trained with the AR platform more than either of those but you didn't list the 'Garand' or 'Other' as choices so I'm not responding to your stinkin' zombie poll. So There!:cuss:

jad0110
February 11, 2008, 05:31 PM
Ah well, I'm no Zombie expert, but I'll play 'cuz I am a kid at heart and it's fun :evil: :D .

I'd just use what I've got, the AK for 25 yds + and Mossie 12 gauge for up close. I'm not real familiar with either yet, as both were recently acquired - though they've proven reliable so far.

Honestly, if this were real I would want something else as well. An M-14 for long range (200 yds +) would be nice. I'd also like something belt fed, ala "Ma Duce" :D .

Nightfox_308
February 11, 2008, 05:32 PM
M14 All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strangelittleman
February 11, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ah, for the love of Mary! Zombies are ridiculous!
I've never understood the zombie fixation, nor have I partaken in a Z thread, but here goes...
Has it been established as to whether or not they are fast or slow? I seem to have missed it...
I'd say a good mag-fed .22mag bolt gun ( like the CZ or the Ruger, both have iron sights, in case of scope failure) with a good compact 1.5-5x scope. Use the lower power for 3m out to 50-60m, the higher powers out to 175m.
The benefits are:
No recoil, good, surgical, skull popping capability out to 175m, one could carry 1,000 rds compactly and with ease, low auditory and visual signature, short bolt throw & no loss of sight pic due to non-existent recoil make for reasonably quick follow-up shots.
Detractors:
There aren't any to speak of really...except that the lack of range/power of the little.22mag, means that you are going to have to pick some really good shooting positions that are secure, yet have good E&E access/egress, just in case.
Oh yeah I'd pack a good heavy pistol or revolver for the up close actions( The Oops! I messed up and got suprised type), one that will bust major bones and cause good structural damage, because no matter how impervious they are to shock/ exsanguination, I'm assuming they will fall to broken hips, femurs, spines etc and be less of a threat and be easy tgts due to lack of mobility, for when one can come back and finish them off........ what a crazy thread!

PS: I know the rifle choice is crazy, but I would think of it as large predatory varmit hunting, so why not use a fun caliber??

Matt-J2
February 11, 2008, 07:17 PM
Zombies? Don't care what guns I have. I'm going to take all of em, and all my ammo, then hand em to the Resident Evil girl, then I'm standing behind her. She's the best anti-zombie weapon there is.

Beowolf1911
February 12, 2008, 12:17 AM
here is my pretty standard Anit-Zombie gear, it has been updated and streamlined a bit, but basically my EOTW package is my AK a pack with 4-5 days food some water and alot of purification tabs. My 1911 9 additional AK mags and 5 for the 1911, the mask is cuz I am shy on the net lol. (you don't need a pink computer to fight zombies but it doesn't hurt.)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/beowolf1911/DSC02375.jpg

Zip06
February 12, 2008, 12:45 AM
AR-15 with silver bullets in the magazines.

brentn
February 12, 2008, 03:50 AM
my 11.5" AR15 would be ideal IMO, I own an M14 and an SKS and with the amount of rounds my ar can carry, the overall length, and the weight it would defenitly be my first choice.

Firepower!
February 12, 2008, 07:18 AM
AK47!
It never jams. I have had jamming experience with AR15 in full auto.
Plus when you are in combat especially zombies every where you want a gun that require no cleaning.

BTW: Beowolf1911 I like your pink laptop there. It goes well the anti zombie gear. I got get me one of those ASAP.

gunsmith
February 12, 2008, 08:10 AM
I couldn't answer because you didn't include a 10-22

PercyShelley
February 12, 2008, 08:12 AM
Some sort of Denel howitzer.

If that doesn't work on the zeds, no reason to waste our time with small arms.

25 Pdr
February 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
Would be happy with my CZ 223 Bolt action carbine, but voted for the FAL.

The one I was issued by the British Army (L1A1) had a wee compartment in the butt which would be handy for a white flag................. :D

What??????

woodybrighton
February 12, 2008, 08:52 AM
picnic set
hamper from fortnums
kettle
oh and a vickers and plenty of man servants to hump ammo
12 hours a million rounds no stoppages take your beastly ak and stuff it :D

texastony
February 12, 2008, 09:23 AM
I had to choose AR-10. Friend has one. Pretty nice.
Personally, would prolly go with my 1894 Marlin 44 Mag with Hornady 240 XTP's. I already have tons of ammo for that, at least that would buy me some time to get to Gander and get some new toys to vanquish the undead.

easyg
February 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
AK-47 all the way!

Plenty powerful enough and reliable, reliable, reliable!

Zach S
February 12, 2008, 11:59 AM
We're on the fourth page, and no mention of the tactical wheelbarrow? Did I miss it?

Anyway, I would be carrying my dissy AR15.

USSR
February 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hmmm, while there is a disagreement in WHICH .30 caliber rifle, there seems to be a decided preference in the .30 caliber over the .223 when you life depends upon it.

Don

Matt-J2
February 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, while there is a disagreement in WHICH .30 caliber rifle, there seems to be a decided preference in the .30 caliber over the .223 when you life depends upon it.

Don

Yeah, cause I always expect serious, thoughtful and realistic responses in threads about zombies.

Detritus
February 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
AR-15 b/c i have one, know how to run the thing, and for the most part keep it running (i'm sure there's stuff i don't know). and more importantly really, have AMMO for it :D

though i wouldn't pass up a Garand or M-14/1A with a stash of ammo either.

Quickill
February 12, 2008, 06:42 PM
AK just for reiliability sake but if it was a true zombie senario, axe or crowbar. Zombies are their deadliest when they swarm so you want the least amount of noise. The axe is good for decapitation or destroying the skull but the crowbar can also be used to jimmy doors and such. Remember remove the head (be warned the head can still bite) or destroy the brain, the only way to kill a Zombie.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202855852&sr=8-1

RP88
February 12, 2008, 06:59 PM
whether its a zombie apocolypse, all-out gun-to-gun warfare, or if I found the need to quote Samuel L. Jackson about every motherlover in the room...I'll accept no substitutes.:p AK, all day, all the way.

Cannonball888
February 12, 2008, 08:25 PM
You didn't specify the environment. In a desert, no way an AK---I'd need something long range and accurate.

HOLY DIVER
February 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
lol i started this tread and i'm sorry i didn't list the 336 marlin and the 10/22
if you want to go in combat with a 22 or a lever action......well might wanna rethink it....the way i look at it,if your going to carry heavy 30cal ammo why not have a round that if very accurate?so the AK/SKS did not get my vote

Vicious-Peanut
February 12, 2008, 09:38 PM
Since I have a Mini-14 it would be that. If it could be any gun? A FAL.

kgpcr
February 12, 2008, 11:20 PM
Urban area an M4. Rural areas i will take an M-14 every time.

HOLY DIVER
February 12, 2008, 11:28 PM
kgpcr this is a well diverse group of forum member's
makes this thread ineresting huh?you don't think a 5.56 can get get the job done in a rural area?i think a AR can get it done up to 500yds jmo

Hardware
February 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
The truth is anything that is reasonably accurate and goes bang when you squeeze the trigger will probably do for slow zombies. I've always thought that the Romero slow zombies were ridiculous. They penned those people up in the house in the original because nobody was armed. One gun enthusiast in a rural location could sweep a kill zone around his house fairly easily during daylight hours. Urban situations are trickier and I'd advise bugging out. Even a slow wave can overwhelm you. Too many close encounters in an urban setting.

Now, against fast zombies I'd like a crewed M-60 tank for me and my best friend. You don't have to shoot the zombies, just draw them out and grease your treads with them. If they swarm your tank have the other tank scratch your back with the coax or the cupola mount. Plus, beehive rounds!

I chose the M-14, because the supersonic telephone pole launcher with a limitless magazine wasn't included in the choices.

ApexinM3
February 12, 2008, 11:56 PM
Since an M1A Abrams Main Battle Tank in urban camo wasn't offered, I'll stick with my shorty M1A SOCOM II. :evil:

Elotemuygrande
February 13, 2008, 02:45 AM
AK in .308. If your battle rifle needs lube to function in combat you need to do some thinking. .308 will punch through WAY more cover than 5.56 and you can still carry plenty of it. .308 would be poor in full auto but FA is mostly a waste of ammo, right? I heart my new 16" Saiga .308 :)

ConfuseUs
February 13, 2008, 05:50 AM
I choose the AK. I can field strip it in the dark in 30 sec, and reassemble in another minute or so. Doing the same stunt with the AR-15 in the dark takes me 3 min to strip and 5 min to reassemble, plus I have to make sure I keep all those itty bitty parts tightly clenched in my fist or I'm SOL.

Having 4 nice big parts to account for in the dark instead of 6 parts, 4 of which present a choking hazard to small children when you need to strip and clean the action in the dark ASAP is something to think about if you haven't spent weeks in training doing just that.

Combatops1911
February 13, 2008, 06:49 AM
I only voted and have yet to write anything but I picked the AK. Seeing how this thread is going on forever I will write. I love my AK's and yes the sights are not the best in the world but my Ak’s have side mount scope rails, so I can mount my Aimpoint on the AK's and I am ready to go with a very accurate and the most reliable rifle. I will accurately hit human sized targets with this setup the same as everyone with m16’s/m4’s out to 200yards easy. I do not care if my bullet does not go through the same whole; it's called spreading the trauma. Furthermore in a combat situation we are not sitting at a bench-rest waiting for the wind to subside for the perfect X ring shot, its line em up and squeeze em off and my AK with Aimpoint is without a doubt my choice. Just my .02

The Gunman
February 13, 2008, 11:53 AM
AR-15

Not the tacti-cool versions. Just the plain fixed front and rear military sights, no take off carry handle or that stuff. If it's for a fight, it better be simple and strong.

Gunnerpalace
February 13, 2008, 12:01 PM
I was one of the few who said M-1 carbine:

Little know fact the M-1 is the ONLY official weapon qualified for zombie attacks. :D

glockman19
February 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'd have to go with the M1A. Teh larger caliber and lack of jams I've experienced would make the difference. I like AR's a lot but they tend to get mucky and need cleaning every 300-500 rounds. My M1A has never jammed, FEF, FTE, it's accurate to less than 1" @ 100 yards if I do my part. I have shot it accurately up to 600 yards with a 4" group at my best.

I also think it's more accurate than the other rifles you list. You can with good glass reach out and touch someone @ 1,000 yards.

silverlance
February 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
While I wouldn't want to -carry- a FAL into combat (as in lugging it for 10 miles a day), against zombies you could do no better. Big round, grenade launcher, usuable as a SAW (im assuming NFA went out the window when zombies start popping up) esp if you have the austrian bipod), good long reach if you need to start bayoneting in the head, and the gas regulator system allows you to scavage whatever 308 ammo you find along the way as you make your way to alaska.

plus it looks bad***, and you know the zombies respect that.

Sulaco
February 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
AR-15 for me. It covers most of the scenarios I could envision needing a MBR for the best when compared to the others. But any of them would work I suppose.

BruceRDucer
February 13, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'd like an M14 If I can't have that, probably a rubber band gun.

J Lambs
February 13, 2008, 05:02 PM
Legend has it a U.S. college student wrote an essay called, "The Best Way to Kill a Zombie is with a Rocket Launcher." Who could argue with that?

Dobe
February 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
M4...........

Cold_B
February 13, 2008, 06:49 PM
Ar15.

I have one, with a decent amount of ammo and mags for it, plus I'm comfortable with the platform. I also have access to a few more if things really went down hill. Hopefully soon I'll have a second of my own.

Since I live in an urban area, it would be best for the close encounters and searching houses for more ammo and weapons. Don't think that my urban assault vehicle wouldn't be loaded up with other weapons though.

Pigspitter
February 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
use what your army's using

JShirley
February 13, 2008, 07:00 PM
Zombies? OT.

If you enjoyed reading about "if you had to go in combat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!