Ar 15 Rra Car A4

PDA

DML2007
February 12, 2008, 10:38 AM
Hight Road,

I have just bought a new RRA CAR A4. If I wanted to purchase a new full upper (say one with a 20inch), will that go with my lower? I understand this may be a basic question. Just curious if a gunshow rolls around, and I see an upper I like, will it be compatible with the RRA lower I have now.

If not, why and what do I need to look out for?

Thanks, Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Ar 15 Rra Car A4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zach S
February 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, but it will look goofy and possibly balance wierd if you have an M4 stock.

Commercial Colt uppers use a larger diameter pivot pin. Not so on the surplus and (I think) LE uppers though.

MarshallDodge
February 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
Rock Rivers have some pretty tight tolerances so some fitting may be required. If I were you I would take the lower to the gun show to try it.

ckay
February 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
It'll work. RRAs are notoriously tight. I prefer a tight fit but others do not and mistake it for an "inferior" product. I also don't like swapping lowers around.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ar 15 Rra Car A4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!