Remington SPS or CZ 243

PDA

viking499
February 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
Been looking for another 243 since I lost mine to my wife. Narrowed it down to 2 at the local shop. One is a Remington SPS stainless 243 and the other is a CZ 243. Both can be had for the same money.

Which would you all prefer and why? Experience or goods and bads from either?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington SPS or CZ 243" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sulaco
February 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
The CZ is going to be a nicer rifle with a much better trigger. The fit, finish, everything should be nicer on the CZ. I wish I could afford one.

dr0
February 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
If your not going to modify it get the CZ.

I have one of their 22's and it's a really nice gun. It's just silly that I paid about the same for a blued and walnut stocked CZ bolt gun as for my plastic and rustoleum Remington 597.

If you want to replace stocks and things then the Remmy might be a better choice, as parts are more available.

CB900F
February 12, 2008, 03:53 PM
Viking499;

CZ, all the way. I've voted that way with my money & I'm a happy camper.

900F

ArmedBear
February 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
CZ for a great, fancy rifle.

Or for a practical knockaround rifle, this one if you like the Remington but want a similar action in a lighter gun with a better safety and a better stock, for a better price: http://www.legacysports.com/products/howa/howa_ranchland.html

The Remington? Only if it's free.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington SPS or CZ 243" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!