If you could take one free, which would it be?

PDA

Loaded
August 3, 2003, 12:35 AM
One and only one. Of all of them, which would you take if it were offered on a table free. Remember, they are side by side and free, but you can only have one! All are top of the line models.

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could take one free, which would it be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
glockten
August 3, 2003, 12:42 AM
CZ; none of the others are on my wish list right now.

DerRottweiler
August 3, 2003, 12:49 AM
Make mine a Sig P210 please!!

Kcustom45
August 3, 2003, 01:00 AM
I'd take the Kimber. I already have one and I would love to have another, especially if it's free.

Lone_Gunman
August 3, 2003, 01:24 AM
I top of the line Wilson is around $3500.... why would you pick anything else?

Preacherman
August 3, 2003, 01:37 AM
Ed Brown for me. I've always wanted one of his custom carry guns (not that I can afford one, mind you... :( ).

sanchezero
August 3, 2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I picked the Ed Brown too. I think their top end is the highest of those listed.

If I don't like it, well, I'd sell it and take the huge wad o'loot.

:p

longeyes
August 3, 2003, 01:56 AM
SIG, because I don't own one and I'd like to. Free I'd probably
take a P220 stainless.

faustulus
August 3, 2003, 02:07 AM
210 Sig with American mag release. Others may be more but I doubt they are any better.

Sactown
August 3, 2003, 02:15 AM
Why? You offering? :D I'd also have to go with the Sig P210.

Shane
August 3, 2003, 02:40 AM
in that price range (free), I'd chose the pistol that was the most expensive (probably one of those 1911 custom guns like the Wilson). That way, I could sell it and buy a couple revolvers plus have money left over for assessories and ammo.

craygin
August 3, 2003, 02:48 AM
I picked the Wilson, also.............very nice looking aesthetically and top quality pieces.........it was a tough call, though! Yeah, if I didn't like it for some unknown reason (fat chance!) I could sell it and buy two, maybe three, of the other models in this survey! (One of each make!) Whoever came up with this survey did not make it easy for us! I have a Kimber Custom Classic II, I absolutely love it! It just needs some night sights and an ambi-safety.............also own a CZ-75B in .40, very comfortable grip and pointalbility, accurate and of high quality, love at first grip for me! So, now I'm ordering a CZ P-01 which was also, "love at first grip".......can't wait for that to be close to my side!! I am really wanting the Springfield TRP Operator, about half the price of the most expensive Wilson, Les Baer or Ed Brown, but still a top quality .45 in my eyes! I know some of you have had problems with certain companies in the past, but, we won't get into that now, will we?

10-Ring
August 3, 2003, 03:08 AM
I think I'd go w/ the Ed Brown too. Long ago, I had someone once tell me to buy the ones that 'sing' to me. The Ed Browns just sing :D

andy
August 3, 2003, 03:24 AM
I voted for FN because no one else had. A High Power would be a nice gun to own.

agony
August 3, 2003, 04:12 AM
You forgot HK.

I voted for the SIG P210.
I would've also voted for Baer.
Or HK Mk23 or P13/P7M8.

Then I'd sell that overpriced pistol and get two or three real guns.

Hal
August 3, 2003, 09:20 AM
Ok, since this is a fantasy thread-----

I'd pick up that very pristine unifred Colt-looking one made by the Singer Sewing Machine Company,,,,,,

then sell it and buy the rest ;) (almost)

MikeJ
August 3, 2003, 09:37 AM
I saw a Wilson "Stealth" a few months ago and it was the finest 1911 I've seen and handled.

Mastrogiacomo
August 3, 2003, 09:38 AM
If I could have had the Colt in the Python -- I would have grabbed it, but since we're talking about pistols here...I'd love a Sig. Damn expensive gun but it'd be great to have one. For now I'll be sticking with Berettas and Glocks though largely due to the prices.

anapex
August 3, 2003, 10:07 AM
I picked FN cause I've always wanted a FiveseveN just because of its unique round. Of course our lovely country won't allow them to be imported.

Marko Kloos
August 3, 2003, 10:12 AM
I'd get the most expensive Wilson on the table, turn around and sell it, and buy a bunch of SIGs for the money. :)

Ala Dan
August 3, 2003, 10:13 AM
While I love SIG's; I voted for the Wilson!:uhoh: :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Tamara
August 3, 2003, 10:20 AM
Ed Brown, please.

usnavymasterchief
August 3, 2003, 10:26 AM
HAL, I was a Naval Combat Aircrewman during the late 1950's and very early days of the Viet Nam "Police Action." In those days the Navy utilized many things that the Air Force either discarded or rejected. I was issued an Air Force rejected 1911 .45 cal handgun made by, guess who? The Singer Sewing Machine Company. I'm sitting here to tell you it was a genuine POS!!! It rattled when you shook it, rusted when you looked at it and was as accurate as a sling shot. When I went to the outdoor range for familierization and qualification, I could not get a round in the paper at 50 feet. The range instructor was chewing me out about not paying attention in Fam Class, I then politely asked him to try my POS pistol. You guessed it, he couldn't get a round in the paper either. About a year later using a Military version of the beloved Colt 1911 .45 (can't remember the model) I qualified for the Navy Expert Pistol Medal.
Now in 2003 I hear that Singer 1911's are collector items. The reason they are so scarce is that back at the end of WWII the army gave them to the new US Air Force and because they were a POS the USAF gave them to the Navy. As time went by most were junked or sold for scrap and melted down because they were such poor quality pistols. Wouldn't you just love to find a case of 50 of those P'sOS wrapped in brown paper and cosmolien today? From what I have been told by our local gun shop owner and I can't verify it, Singer only made about 900 or so of these before their contract was cancelled.

Jspy
August 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
Without hesitation it would be the Ed Brown for me. Except for the Springfield, I own or have owned at least one of the others.

stevelyn
August 3, 2003, 10:39 AM
Make mine a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special please!:D

usnavymasterchief
August 3, 2003, 11:47 AM
What STEVELYN said.

matis
August 3, 2003, 01:07 PM
I think Shane, Hal and Marko Kloos have the right idea!

This is like the fairy tale bit about the 3 wishes. I never could understand their choices.

Why not simply ask on the 1st wish: "All of my wishes should be granted for the rest of my life". Then you don't even need the other 2 wishes. :D

Too bad you didn't have "other" as a choice. Then I'd have put in the most expensive antigue gun for maybe a million or so, then sold it, bought me a few toys and invested the rest.

Wattsamatta wit you guys?

(I picked the Wilson)

matis

DWS1117
August 3, 2003, 01:40 PM
Wilson for me.

MoNsTeR
August 3, 2003, 02:24 PM
Anyone who votes for anything but the Wilson or Brown is nuts. At the very least you could sell it and buy any 3 of the other choices.

cool45auto
August 3, 2003, 02:40 PM
What, no Beretta?:D I picked Colt.

Jeff OTMG
August 3, 2003, 03:29 PM
I am going for the new $4500 SIG P210

firestar
August 3, 2003, 05:00 PM
I too would would just pick the most expensive gun (probably the Wilson) and sell it without even shooting it. I am not good enough to need or use all that accuracy and I don't think I would feel comfortable shooting a gun that cost that much. If I could get $3500, I would buy several guns that I want and have money left over for ammo, holsters, etc.

OF
August 3, 2003, 07:20 PM
I'd take a P210 and then sell it and buy lots of other stuff :)

If I couldn't sell it, I'd get a nice Wilson.

- Gabe

Sean Smith
August 3, 2003, 07:35 PM
SIG P210.

Whit
August 3, 2003, 09:09 PM
Put me in for a SIG P210. ....Whit

Aleko
August 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
Would be a tough call between Wilson and Brown... It would depend on which models are offered.

modifiedbrowning
August 3, 2003, 11:39 PM
How come Walther is never included in these polls? I'll take Walther,please.

Zundfolge
August 4, 2003, 12:24 AM
I said Ed Brown because its the most expensive on the list and I could sell it and buy a bunch of other guns I want :)

Dr.Rob
August 4, 2003, 12:29 AM
Sorry I like the little horse.

Wilson might have all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't hold a candle to a well tuned SAA..

Oh wait, autos only?

Nah I'd still like a Colt.

Unless a renaissance engraved hi-power or HK P9S 45 were on the table. Then I'd be stuck.

clubsoda22
August 4, 2003, 12:54 AM
you don't have that HK USP Tactical I want!

denfoote
August 4, 2003, 02:39 AM
Prolly a Les Baer Monolith, althoughI'm not that crazy about 1911's!!

sm
August 4, 2003, 03:02 AM
Horse for me.

Don't care to pay for names. Prefer gun set up to me, not told this is what I gotta have. I don't need/want bells or whistles.

coldshot03/04
August 4, 2003, 04:46 AM
My pick has to be the Colt. It's a true American Classic.;)

Kahr carrier
August 4, 2003, 07:06 AM
ED BROWN COBRA CARRY.:)

Stevie-Ray
August 5, 2003, 12:21 AM
Wilson

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
August 5, 2003, 12:31 AM
As much as I love BHP's and SiG's, it'd have to be a Brown, and without a second of hesitation. All that hand fitting means a lot. I don't give a fig about its resale value as it'd never be sold if I owned it.

Dr.Rob, you make a very good case for your runners up, though.

Regards,
Rabbit.

BHPshooter
August 5, 2003, 01:26 AM
Well, I almost chose FN for the Hi Power, even though I already have one, but decided that variety really is the spice of life.

I went for a Colt. I've always wanted one. Wilsons and Baers and Browns would be nice, but regardless of if it's free, I know about what price range they run in. And I already break into cold sweats thinking about what would happen if my $600 BHP were to blow up, or break, or... whatever.

Yep, I'll have a Colt, please.

Wes

SnWnMe
August 5, 2003, 03:10 AM
I saw and handled a Baer TR. Wasn't much to look at. But it just... to plagiarize someone who posted earlier, ..it sang to me:D

I would like it ambi though.

Destructo6
August 5, 2003, 03:32 AM
Wilson.

Why? Because I have two SIGs and a CZ and don't really see putting out the kind of money required for a Wilson.

dsk
August 5, 2003, 03:58 AM
usnavymasterchief,

Forget or disregard everything you know or may have heard regarding the Singers, and go find a copy of Charles W. Clawson's books instead. There really wasn't a shred of truth in anything you said other than what you may have felt regarding the solitary Singer you handled. Singer produced exactly 500 pistols. They were of HIGH quality, fully equal to a Colt of that era. They were inspected and accepted by Ordnance as military weapons, and it just so happened that the US Army Air Corps got most of them. They were never singled out as POS's and melted down. The reason why only 50 or so still exist today is because many of them became craters in the ground along with the aircrews that were carrying them.

SnWnMe
August 5, 2003, 04:24 AM
The Chief is always right!

TheeBadOne
August 5, 2003, 08:49 AM
You forgot Glock! I'll take a G18 please :D :D :D
Ok, going by the options in the poll, I'll take a Sig P-210 please, and I want the full kit which includes the .22 LR conversion kit. :cool:

jacketch
August 5, 2003, 08:04 PM
I voted for the Sig210 although I wouldn't mind taking the mint, nib unfired Colt 1903.

CZ52GUY
August 5, 2003, 08:14 PM
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PX9105LLarge.jpg

jercamp45
August 5, 2003, 09:02 PM
I 'took' a Wilson,,,,
But Les Bauer or Ed Brown might have won depending on the model selection and how they felt in my hands!! Yes, whichever one 'sang' to me!
Sell it after? Never! It would be a permenant addition to my 1911 users collection, might even get top billing!!!!
They are the latest, greatest examples of reliable working pieces that border on ART. Like the Samarai Sword and Damascus blades of old!! Highly functional super custom tools!!!!

If we are talking standard production guns:
Kimber or Colt

All 1911's, all .45 ACP please!!!

Cannot say about the Singer Controvery as a shooter, but as a collection piece, it's rarity makes it valuable....as is the North American 1911, the M1914 Norweigan with Nazi markings ....any of these three wound never get fired, and if I ever got broke...........

DVC
jercamp45

Grump
August 5, 2003, 09:44 PM
A bit harsh, dsk. Far more gentle to say "my sources say otherwise" than to talk of no "shred" of truth. Besides, the greatest pistola can become a pieceacrap from hard use and lack of maintenance budget....like the post WWII Navy's small arms!

Nevertheless, I always appreciate well-cited info. Our Navy friend's experiences are equally valuable as a first-hand data point.

Pocket Pistol
August 5, 2003, 11:47 PM
FN makes a cool 5.7 x 28 mm pistol
20 round Magazine

the FN Five SeveN.

Good for body armor to 100 yrds :)

556A2
August 6, 2003, 04:17 AM
FN, the Hi-Power. While a Colt Series 70 1911A1 is tempting, the Hi-Power has my heart.

New_comer
August 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
STI

Pebcac
August 6, 2003, 05:26 PM
USGI Colt 1911A1. It would go very nicely with my Inland M1A1 Carbine.

buzz_knox
August 6, 2003, 05:40 PM
SA Pro. No question.

Deepdiver
August 6, 2003, 06:22 PM
Colt NRM Commander......I have been gettin' a real itch for one of these

1goodshot
August 6, 2003, 07:51 PM
Ive always wanted a Wilson CQB.

Dorian
August 6, 2003, 09:41 PM
Sig P226R for me please.

Practicality always comes first in my book, although getting the most expensive one out there and trading it in for a couple sigs and a couple HKs wasn't a bad idea.... I jsut didn't think of it :)

Poohgyrr
August 6, 2003, 10:40 PM
Well I went with FN, as in Hi Power. If I had been thinking, I would have picked a custom 1911 and sold it for several Hi Powers ;)........

Prodigalshooter
August 6, 2003, 11:36 PM
I drool whenever I see pictures of a Kobra Carry Bobtail.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Erik
August 7, 2003, 02:55 AM
Most of the above. :p

I'd settle for a SA like Tamara's. (Still shopping for her price point...)

T.Stahl
August 7, 2003, 03:16 AM
Make mine a SIG 210 LS.
So similar to my G17L, yet so different.

Schuey2002
August 7, 2003, 04:31 AM
A Wilson Combat with the largest price tag.. :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "If you could take one free, which would it be?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!