laws + Alabama + gun giving

PDA

SilentStalker
February 14, 2008, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know of Alabama laws against giving someone a rifle that is in need of repair? For example, if I was to give someone an old miltary rifle that is out of commission am I required to do any paperwork on the transaction or even if I gave it to them for free. What, if anything are you required to do?

If you enjoyed reading about "laws + Alabama + gun giving" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mannix
February 14, 2008, 03:32 AM
What, if anything are you required to do?
So long as it's not a machine gun, nothing, even if you are selling it to him.

Apachedriver
February 14, 2008, 03:47 AM
Use this link to get a summary of AL laws from the NRA. It has a map for you to select the state and it will open a new window with a 1 to 2 page summary of the states laws.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws

Jim Watson
February 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
There is no state registration or restriction on FtF deals on guns in Alabama. The only requirement is that you have to be a resident of Alabama. It is not legal to transfer a firearm across state lines except through a FFL. Even if it is non-functional.

ImARugerFan
February 14, 2008, 08:53 AM
Just don't knowingly give it to a felon or somebody under 18.

If you enjoyed reading about "laws + Alabama + gun giving" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!