AR Stripped Lower Question

PDA

tepin
February 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
Anticipating that the next president with make the AWB (or some variant there of) permanent, I am considering purchasing 3 or 4 stripped AR lower receivers and building on them in the future. My question is which manufacturer should I go with? I am thinking a manufacturer that strictly adheres to MIL-SPEC is best.

Any thoughts or guidance on this?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Stripped Lower Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JonB
February 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
Search is your friend.

Lots of options, some better on Mil-spec than others. I'm not sure how much that matters with a lower.... anyway check out Stag, or LMT

Bazooka Joe71
February 14, 2008, 12:21 PM
Do a search...Actually don't bother searching, scroll down this page and you'll find half a dozen threads on this topic.

3pairs12
February 14, 2008, 12:23 PM
LMT or Lauer which uses LMT to make some of their lowers.

ckay
February 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
Do a search...Actually don't bother searching, scroll down this page and you'll find half a dozen threads on this topic.
srsly

RockyMtnTactical
February 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
Very little difference between the various lowers out there. You are looking for anything that is forged anodized aluminum, and has the holes drilled to milspec size/location.

Urbana John
February 14, 2008, 06:05 PM
Funny one just asked that question!!!!! I "just" picked up a new stripped lower from Anvil Arms and it is SWEET!!! Can't wait to put it together. AND a purty good price!!!! 100 US plus 9.50 for shipping and FREE lazer engraving.
I've bought LOTS of new firearms from different makers, but this lower is pretty much perfect,,,,so far. Very good lines, no "burrs", no nicks & dings. AND it's has a life time warranty. Jon Kruger is "true to his word" IMHO

UJ

DougW
February 14, 2008, 08:17 PM
I am ordering 3 Stag lowers. The last 6 rifles I built were on Stag. DPMS, Rock Rive, and the ones mentioned are all good IMO.

HOLY DIVER
February 14, 2008, 08:23 PM
dad is putting a AR together using a dpms lower
the only reason i recomend dpms (because all pretty much the same)is he got it with in 5 days of when he ordered it

Bill2e
February 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
Now a stripped lower still has to go through an FFL? Correct?

Eb1
February 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
CMMG makes a supreme product. I don't work for them, I just shot their guns.

HOLY DIVER
February 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Bill2e yes you have to go through a FFL to get them

Bazooka Joe71
February 14, 2008, 11:01 PM
Now a stripped lower still has to go through an FFL? Correct?

It's the only piece that has to go through an FFL.

MMcfpd
February 14, 2008, 11:05 PM
I've built on DoubleStar, Lauer, CMMG, Noveske and Superior and have no complaints about any of them. The Superior has the roughest finish but it does just fine. The Lauer and the Noveske have the cleanest finishes.

Schuey2002
February 15, 2008, 01:42 PM
SABRE Defence, Mega, Sun Devil, and POF are also nice..

I am going with a Noveske N4 lower for my latest build. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Stripped Lower Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!