For the AK-47 Gurus...

PDA

KBintheSLC
February 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone know what the thread specs are for a compensator on an M70 Yugo under-folder (By Century Arms... US barrel)... Is it 14:1 LH, or 1/2:28 RH? Thanks. KB

PS... Ever buy from Blackjack Buffers? www.blackjackbuffers.com

If you enjoyed reading about "For the AK-47 Gurus..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
February 14, 2008, 01:11 PM
They're standard AK comps and threads, if I am not mistaken. I can fit a standard AK blank firing adaptor (East German, I think?) on the muzzle of my Yugo.

nalioth
February 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
Standard AKM thread pattern is 14x1 left handed.

I'm not aware of any Century Kalashnikov offerings with the 1/2:28 RH, and think that Arsenal USA (not Arsenal Inc.) was the only manufacturer to offer AKs with 1/2:28 RH muzzle threads (due to the Klinton ban[among other things])

jesse485
February 14, 2008, 02:04 PM
As the owner of a Yugo Underfolder, it is definitely the standard LH 14 mm. FWIW you should easily be able to tell by seeing if the thread is left or right.

jlpskydive
February 14, 2008, 02:23 PM
Owner here also and they are 14 LH.

KBintheSLC
February 14, 2008, 02:55 PM
FWIW you should easily be able to tell by seeing if the thread is left or right.

I would if my work would let me bring my AK to the office... but they wont. So, I had to ask before I order it online today.

If you enjoyed reading about "For the AK-47 Gurus..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!