30-30 HSM ammo

PDA

dstark
February 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with this ammo? I bought five boxes of it when I got my model 94, very disapointed, about every other round misfired, I thought it might be my brand new gun until I bought several other types of ammo and they all worked fine with not one misfire. Now I have four boxes of useless ammo. Lesson learned.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "30-30 HSM ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
birdshot8's
February 14, 2008, 05:44 PM
i have a bunch of 30/30 stuff i loaded up years ago that i over lubricated. about one in five is a dud. i was going to pull bullets and start over, but never got around to it. one day took the 30/30 out of the safe for a hog hunt. where i hunted at the time hogs were plentiful and it was common to allow to one walk. anyway about sun down a boar walked out. the trigger dropped and nothing, the boar disappeared upon hearing the hammer fall. after this experience i enjoy hunting with my may fire ammo. it is kinda like catch and release.
i realize this does not answer your question.

dstark
February 14, 2008, 05:50 PM
Same result, I cant use this stuff for the same reason, I'll get one shot at a buck, and I dont want to hear a click when I pull the trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "30-30 HSM ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!