Kimber Guardian Angel. 2 Shots?

PDA

Snubby 38
February 14, 2008, 06:50 PM
Is the Guardian Angel limited to two shots. I know that when you pull the trigger, one nozzle fires and when you pull again, the second nozzle fires. After that it's empty?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Guardian Angel. 2 Shots?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EHCRain10
February 14, 2008, 08:29 PM
yup just 2 shots but i guess you could carry a reload for it?

mace85
February 25, 2008, 04:27 AM
I actually talked to a Kimber rep about this very subject. The Guardians are not reloadable. Apparently the original designs were supposed to be, But the BATFE stepped in and said that if the cartridges were removable then it would be considered a firearm. The Guardian actually uses a primer like device to launch the powder. The model with the pistol grip may take another upper unit, that I am not sure about. But at that point might as well carry two of the less expensive models that have no pistol grips.

Pax Jordana
February 25, 2008, 08:21 AM
if the cartridges were removable then it would be considered a firearm.

Maybe we could skirt that if we made it blackpowder...? :D

I mean, gawdamighty. Imagine a black powder LifeAct.

JShirley
February 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
BATFE stepped in and said that if the cartridges were removable then it would be considered a firearm

Unlike flare guns?

CWL
February 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
Kimber had no part in the design of the LifeAct, they are only the importer/distributor. These units are manufactured by a Swiss company (I cannot recall the name.)

They cannot be reloaded because the projection contents is very large & fill the entire casing of the lifeact, it wouldn't be worthwhile -also I'm sure that it is more profitable to sell them as throw-aways.

alwilliam
February 28, 2008, 02:00 AM
They use a blank type cartridge/ center fire primer and smokeless powder charge.They also use the captive piston concept.Their design is very close to the russian cyanide gas guns that they used to kill mant people with in the 1950s. Same general design.:evil:

Link is my review has pics of the internals.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=228508&page=2&highlight=lifeact

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/29877/2001313834539114949_fs.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Guardian Angel. 2 Shots?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!