Here comes the new age! Here comes the new age!

PDA

Evil Monkey
February 14, 2008, 10:45 PM
Spread the word! :D

LSAT video!!!!
http://www.aaicorp.com/New/Advancedprograms/html/lsat_video.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Here comes the new age! Here comes the new age!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Matt Sutton
February 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
If it's caseless what's the stuff coming out of the ejection port? And why does it have an ejection port?
I'll stick to my Daisy V/L, thank you. :p

HorseSoldier
February 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Might be the cased-telescoping version.

In either case, it needs to be able to eject links and have a quick means of ejecting unfired rounds in the event of a dud/bad primer/etc.

tkendrick
February 16, 2008, 01:33 PM
If it's caseless what's the stuff coming out of the ejection port? And why does it have an ejection port?

Uhhhh,

It's belt fed.

Or do you think the link fairy takes the links to link heaven?:rolleyes:

Matt Sutton
February 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
Or do you think the link fairy takes the links to link heaven?:rolleyes:

I was making a funny. One of the selling points of the caseles system is only having two main openings to the elements, the magazine and the muzzle. What's the point if you're going to have ejection anyway?

Evil Monkey
February 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah it's telescopic cased. The goal is to evolve it into caseless.

Either way gives you major weight savings and that means more ammo can be carried by the soldier. The gun itself is also very light. That particular MG in the video I believe weighs in at about 9 or 10 pounds. That's impressive.

I want to see an infantry rifle using that telescopic round.

PTK
February 16, 2008, 02:23 PM
One point missed in most discussion of caseless systems - you MUST still have an ejection port.

Example - please unload that weapon without firing the cartridge in the chamber.

If you enjoyed reading about "Here comes the new age! Here comes the new age!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!