anyone sell brass at gunshows

PDA

kennedy
February 15, 2008, 09:32 PM
I have about 300 pieces of various cal of brass I thought I would take to the next big gun show and try and sell, anyone have any luck doing this?

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone sell brass at gunshows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wworker
February 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
I've never seen anyone do it before.

You might be better off trying to sell it in a forum like this one where there is a focus on reloading.

Many reloaders use their own brass, found at the range or the once used brass they have after shooting new ammo.

Mr White
February 15, 2008, 10:22 PM
I see lots of vendors selling brass at gun shows, but have never seen guys walking around selling brass like they sell guns.

What calibers and makes of brass do you have to sell?

mscott
February 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
It depends on what you have, but 300 pieces is not really worth messing with if it is standard pistol calibers.

jenrob
February 16, 2008, 01:25 AM
Some of the vendors will buy brass.

Paul "Fitz" Jones
February 16, 2008, 02:24 AM
I used to take brass in trade when I attended western stats gun shows selling C-H, tools, Star reloaders, Lubers, Complete line of Saeco tools, lead pots and 4 cavity molds with beautiful walnut handles, and my line of Fitz pistol grips and ammo boxes. Consequently I have thousands of once fired brass of all sizes tumble cleaned sorted by my scouts and boxed I sold to my reloading cuatomers. Now that Ebay will not allow it I will be selling it anywhere I can when I can get around to it as it is a lifetime collection WOW my wife says when are you going to get rid of all those GI cans of it!!

GaryL
February 16, 2008, 04:54 PM
Some of the vendors will buy brass.Around here they'll sometimes offer a penny a round if it's something they are short on (i've asked a couple vendors). I have some magnum brass I don't reload, but for a penny a round it isn't worth hauling to a show. So I usually give it away to someone who can use it or sell it at a show along with the other stuff they have.

It looks like I'm back up to about a gallon pail of mixed mag brass - 300 Win Mag, 7mm Mag, some short mag, etc.

evan price
February 16, 2008, 05:17 PM
300 rounds of mixed brass honestly is not much brass.

If you had 5-gallon buckets of brass that would be something.

Not trying to be rude. Just that to make the average guy happy he wants to get a lot. IF it is some scarce stuff like 300 winmag or some other good rifle brass, might be worth having, but if it is just basic pistol brass it's not worth shipping. Basic pistol is worth one or two cents each. Big revolver brass is double that.

Lon371
February 25, 2008, 04:33 AM
I am expecting to start reloading by spring. I am starting with .357 and .44. What can I expect to pay for brass? Went to a big gun show in Louisville this weekend. They were wanting nearly the price of loaded ammo. Am I missing somthing?

shooter762
February 25, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hey Lon,

I'd definately shop around for brass, most
anything from gunshows is marked up as you probably know. I'm new to reloading so just using my pickups but you might try
www.brassmanbrass.com
www.gibrass.com
www.hqbrass.com
www.southernbellbrass.com
to mention some that I've found links for
on the internet, haven't tried them myself.

Oh and heard great things about

www.starlinebrass.com

Good luck,

Shooter762.

chbrow10
February 25, 2008, 04:35 PM
You can trade it with others at www.ammobrasstrader.com for brass in calbers that you reload.

Lon371
February 25, 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Shooter, will check em out.

kennedy
February 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
I took my brass to the big louisville gun show and got $11 credit towards a pound of win 231 powder from the big reloader dealer, I felt I got a good deal.

eng23ine
February 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
It looks like I'm back up to about a gallon pail of mixed mag brass - 300 Win Mag, 7mm Mag, some short mag, etc.

I'd like to take some of that 7mm mag off of you hands if you're wanting to get rid of it.

MMCSRET
February 26, 2008, 11:09 AM
I sell new brass at gunshows in my area, I also load custom ammo on my cl-06 FFL. I take fired brass in trade and I buy it outright. Take it to a show and trade it for something you can use.

MMCSRET
February 26, 2008, 11:12 AM
Also, brass is bringing a dollar a pound at the salvage yards.

Lon371
February 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
I am new to reloading. How many cases approx is there in 1 pound

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone sell brass at gunshows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!