Finally!

PDA

antsi
February 17, 2008, 01:09 AM
Man, that was a long reloading hiatus.

I started working on a .223 target load for NRA High Power in June of 2006. Processed about a thousand cases, loaded up 10 rounds to test. I had always used 75gr Hornadys in the past, but this time wanted to compare them to the 69gr Sierras. The 10 "test rounds" were with the Hornadys.

Then we had a baby, and I started working on my doctoral qualifying exam, dissertation proposal, and dissertation. Oh, and we moved to a new house.

Finally, yesterday, I loaded up the "other ten" test rounds with the Sierras... and I was having so much fun, I went ahead and loaded up the rest of the box of bullets.

Today I got to shoot them. They chrono'd great and shot even better. It is nice to be loading and shooting my own ammo again.

So, how long did it take you to produce those 110 rounds, antsi?
20 months, give or take. At that rate, it takes me about five days to create a single cartridge.

BTW, verdict is - the Sierras shot better for me. Chrono results were more consistent too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RustyFN
February 17, 2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome back, I hope it doesn't take you 20 months to make the next 110 rounds.:D
Rusty

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!