Mateba Questions.

PDA

digex
August 4, 2003, 12:47 AM
A thread in the "general" forum brought these to my attention. I'm currently in the process of looking for more info about them and was wondering if anyone had any info about them? I'm curious about how it works, reliabilty, etc.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Mateba Questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chugach
August 4, 2003, 01:23 AM
digex, use the search button in the upper right corner of your browser window. Use Mateba as a keyword for the search. I turned up 50 threads doing so...you'll probably get a few more steps along your path.

You may already have seen the Mateba for sale at:

www.cdnninvestments.com

Luck!

[edit] Sorry, forgot to say that you need to view or download their PDF format catalog to see the Mateba...

Tamara
August 5, 2003, 01:41 AM
"Reliability" is fine. Even if you run .38's in the gun while the .357 recoil spring is in it, it just functions like a normal revolver.

Field-stripping and reassembly is an absolute bear.

Accuracy is decent, and muzzle-flip (even with the stoutest loads) is negligible.

You will be the only person at the range with one, and probably the only person at the range who's ever held one. Letting folks run a cylinder through it is a good way to make friends.

Holding it will make you want to retire replicants.

The cylinder release is kind of awkward to work.

When loading just one round in the cylinder, remember that it fires out of the bottom chamber.

The bluing is pretty and the grips are nice.

It's kind of big and awkward.

The interchangeable barrel feature would really be neat if I'd ever remember to pick up some extra barrels.

There are no commercial holsters made for this gun.

Ever bump-fired a revolver before? :D

Standing Wolf
August 5, 2003, 07:35 PM
There are two of them at a local gun shop. They're big, bulky, and so ugly you've almost got to like them. Both wear marked down price tags, so I've got to assume they've been there awhile.

C.R.Sam
August 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
Ever bump-fired a revolver before? ...Tamara

And yet another keyboad heads to the shower.
Darn you lady, now you got me interested in one.

Sam

If you enjoyed reading about "Mateba Questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!