Concealed Carry

PDA

Mastiff4570
February 22, 2008, 12:27 AM
I have yet another Question.

I am not yet 21 but i will be soon. When i do begin to carry I plan on carrying a G23.

Can Anyone Suggest for me the best way to carry this gun Concealed? I am looking for methods that will conceal well and be easy to draw. I live in PA so its not too much of an issue if it sticks out occasionally but i do have a mom who would be much more comfortable if she didn't see my gun. it makes her a little uneasy no matter how much i explain the laws and reasons.

Any help would be awesome! thanks again!

Lou

If you enjoyed reading about "Concealed Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brian Williams
February 22, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hey look at Rusty Sherricks Holsters and Belts, they may be a little pricy, but they work and hold a gun in close real well.

Pa.Bill
February 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
The right holster for a person can be more difficult to find then the right gun.
You may want to start with a simple paddle holster. Can be worn right/left - easy on/off. Easy concealable with long shirt or jacket.
You are in Pa --------------York has a gun show this weekend ( Feb 23-24 ). You can see--handle every type of holster and 'feel' whats best for you.

(Also Harrisburg Gun Show March 15-16)

~LATER~

strat81
February 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
Before you buy a holster, buy a quality, dedicated gun belt. The $8 one from target won't cut having 1-3 pounds of plastic, wood, and/or steel hanging off your hip.

I really like my Rafter S belt (www.raftersgunleather.com). Price was good, customer service very good, and quality is excellent.

For holsters, you'll probably go through a bunch before you find one you REALLY like. For me, that holster is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (VM2). I was skeptical about all of the hype surrounding it, but the hype is true. Very excellent holster. It's an IWB model and is the most concealable and comfortable holster I've used with my G26. If you want one, order NOW. Wait list is about 4-6 months.

A good friend also uses Milt Sparks leather, a Summer Special (2?) with his G23. He is very satisfied too.

BullfrogKen
March 7, 2008, 09:20 AM
RafterS makes great quality for guys on a budget. Hell its great quality in its own right. I have a RafterS sharkskin belt, and I like it a bunch.

Get both a belt and an OWB holster from RafterS to start yourself off with. You'll be 10 times ahead where most guys started - with the cheapy nylon holsters and substandard belts. Hardly anyone uses what they first bought to carry their gear in anyway. I expect you'll spend about 5 years experimenting before you find something that you really settle on as right for you.

But start here first. These are very good quality, economical rigs. Hell, you might even decide its all you need and never experiment any further.

dairycreek
March 12, 2008, 10:28 PM
The advice to get a good gun belt is absolutely right on!
Take a look at FIST http://www.fist-inc.com/ as they make quality product at reasonable price. They have a lot of varieties from which to choose. See what looks good to you.

DWARREN123
March 13, 2008, 12:20 AM
I have a slide and a IWB holster for mine. They are Don Hume brand.
The iwb is hidden inside and the slide holds in close to my side.
Check out
WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM

If you enjoyed reading about "Concealed Carry" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!