CMMG Bargain Bin

PDA

Wopasaurus
February 23, 2008, 11:39 PM
So I want to get in the market of getting another hi-cap evil rifle/etc before the elections. I already own a .45 and 9mm, shotguns, and an AK that are black and evil. I am looking into getting an M4, because .223's are good rounds, and not as harsh on my broke college account as a .308 would be. Although I love my Mauser, I'm a sucker for semi-auto rifles.

Short Story: I already own a nice Yugo AK, now I'm thinking about getting an M4.

I saw the CMMG Bargain Bin M4's, CMMG WEBSITE (http://www.cmmginc.com), I'm not worried that they're not cosmetically perfect, because I like having a bit of wear and tear on my rifles, I don't do the safe-queen thing.

I guess what I'm asking is if these rifles are worth it? Will they all function as well as an M4 I would spend $200 more dollars on a gun shop?

Sorry about it being long winded, and thanks for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG Bargain Bin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
February 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
They're worth it. If you use this as a "serious" gun, it may well be worth your while to upgrade some mission-critical parts (bolt, BCG, FCG), but that is something you can do later when/if needed/desired. The base rifles are seemingly quite sound, and you're saving enough to replace any parts you want to replace (within reason) and still come out ahead.

Mike

rocinante
February 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
Do a search and the word is hell yeah they are worth it. Many state they are shaking their heads trying to figure how they are not new. Not rough at all.

tmajors
February 23, 2008, 11:48 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=243382

34 ways to cut corners on Manufacturing an AR-15 (and whether or not you will notice them)

Wopasaurus
February 23, 2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah... sorry about being an ass, and not searching first. :(

You guys can delete this post, or lock it, or do whatever it is that you have to do. Thanks for all the input you guys.

There's a reason I left pretty much every other gun forum for this one.

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG Bargain Bin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!