Brass Knuckles

PDA

WIFF
February 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
are they illegal everywhere and if so why ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Knuckles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
james_bond
February 24, 2008, 09:37 PM
I think they are outlawed everywhere.

Why? because they work really good at what they were designed to do. That and someone stupid did something stupid with them so, for the greater safety you and I canot carry them.

wdlsguy
February 24, 2008, 09:44 PM
Possession of brass knuckles is a class A misdemeanor in Texas.

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/PE/content/htm/pe.010.00.000046.00.htm#46.05.00

RedLion
February 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
What kind of trouble could you get in for having them?

CSA 357
February 24, 2008, 09:58 PM
I Think You Can Own Them, Just Dont Hit Anyone With Them!:d

Caimlas
February 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
I'd guess, probably a concealed weapon charge at the least (afaik, concealed weapon permits specify what can be legally carried concealed, for the most part).

I haven't checked for a while and my memory isn't perfect, but I believe the SD carry statutes do not specifically cover brass knuckles. I may be mistaken; I do believe that brass knuckles are (incl. switchblades) considered "unlawful weapons" however.

Funderb
February 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
you can buy them at any gun show.
you cannot carry them around or use them,
but you can own them.
Use is assault with a weapon.

omcjf
February 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
Even if you can't carry them everywhere you have to admit that they are fun to play with in the privacy of your own home. :D

jimbob86
February 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
What is it good for? If you are going to carry a weapon, there are better ones to carry, IMHO.

Cosmoline
February 25, 2008, 06:39 PM
Check your state laws. I believe they are legal in some states. It would be pretty absurd to prohibit me from carrying brass knuckles when I can carry a small arsenal of firearms.

omcjf
February 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
ARRGHH! What am I doing wrong? Why don't my downloaded pictures show up? Any help would be appreciated.

El Tejon
February 25, 2008, 08:26 PM
WIFF, I have to ask, what makes you think that they are illegal where you are?

Are you listening to cops again? The bloated blowhards at the gun shoppe? The Errornet?

Why do you think they are illegal everywhere? Cousin? Someone in Tejas told you? Why?:confused:

JHansenAK47
February 25, 2008, 08:44 PM
Ask yourself this, why are they sold as paperweights and belt buckles? Their legal status is fairly sketchy. Most cops would probably assume they are illegal and at the very least probably try to confiscate them. (cops probably don't even know if it is a statute or not) The other problem with brass knuckles is they don't necessarily fit your hand. Some Knuckles (they come in plastic, aluminum, steel and are very rarely brass. Lots of gold anodized and gold paint) drive your fingers apart when you hit something. They usually hurt your pinky.(If you leave your pinky outside the guard for striking it usually solves that problem) I must've gone through 5 different brands before I found one that fit my hand perfectly and all they do is collect dust. Sure they are fun, but they are just a novelty.

WIFF
February 25, 2008, 08:45 PM
EL TEJON,
i bought my knuckledusters at a gunshow in indiana, i had to ask for them,(they were kept out of view) the lady who sold them to me told me to put them into my pocket straight away because there were a couple of policemen at the next booth, so i just assumed they were somewhat illegal , she also gave me the impression that they were frowned upon.
wiff.

Patrick_Henry
February 26, 2008, 12:40 AM
I've heard cops say things were illegal or questionable that state law actually permits so they can be a bit confusing...but you do want them on your side so it is best not to push things to far...

That said if you are looking for an impact weapon MAGLITE flashlights work quite well as a pocket stick and do a good job as force multiplier and are fully legal even on airplanes... plus you can use them for a light... if you want to go really heavy you could buy a surefire...

Not to say I'm not fascinated by the idea of brass knucks, I just don't find them particularly practical in my case...

tomh1426
February 26, 2008, 12:59 AM
Ive seen brass knuckles for sale as belt buckles or paper weighs, they sellem at the flea market.
I think this looks better http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&categoryid=dd695112-786b-45f7-9a0d-ae86aadee6a7&subcategoryid=9908dde9-cca1-4f41-857d-df70223829d1&itemguid=eae8142d-f2e6-4a24-bf45-201e1c654f2e
Someone makes a brass knuckle style tazer but Its pretty big
When I was 17 I got pulled over and found out wooden nunchucks were illegal :confused: yep a stick chained or tied to another stick is illegal in AZ

ChristopherG
February 26, 2008, 01:00 AM
Flat out illegal to possess or even dispose of 'em in WA. Same law that covers balisongs, saps & switchblades:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.250

El Tejon
February 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
WIFF is not in the land of old people in golf carts or the land of hairy women in sandals. He's in Indiana where there is no law against them.

WIFF, many dealers at gun shows come from the South in which many states prohibit them. If something is illegal in your state, then the perception is that it is illegal everywhere.

Do not take legal advice from gun dealers or cops. BTW, what is the distinction between "somewhat illegal" and "illegal"?

To answer your questions: No, they are not illegal everywhere, including where you live. Some states prohibit them to control the white underclass who (it was perceived) is given to liquor, immorality and brawling.

brigadier
February 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Funny thing is gauntlets are not banned anywhere that I know of, and they are not only more potent but also a little quicker access if made correctly.

BTW. To add a little humor to it, here is a funny movie scene depicting a gauntlet used as a weapon. They are much more potent in real life then portrayed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-01kzxLKLo

ChristopherG
February 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
the land of hairy women in sandals.

Ouch!! You cut to the quick! But you know, one develops an appreciation for these mossy creatures after living amongst them for a time... ;-)

Thanks to contributors for the interesting insights into the socio-economic backgrounds of 'dangerous weapons' laws like that of my hirsute homeland!

wheelgunslinger
February 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
El T is right. Here in the land of sharecroppers and po' folks, laws prohibiting knucks go a ways back in the books.

Bikers got around the prohibition by replacing the kick start pedals on their bikes with a brass knuck drilled an mounted to resemble a bicycle pedal with a cotter pin holding it in place. Pull the pin, and you got your knucks.
Though, I do not recommend hitting someone with them in North Carolina despite any clever carriage you may have worked out or copied.

El Tejon
February 26, 2008, 12:36 PM
Chris, just funnin'.:D

El Tejon have fun on the Errornet? Go figure.:p

Sergeant Sabre
February 26, 2008, 03:08 PM
In Michigan, they are classified as an "illegal weapon". It is a felony to possess them.

sm
February 26, 2008, 05:25 PM
It is the intent of the user of any tool, not the tool itself - keep that in mind if you will.

Two dudes, one with brass knuckles and the other with a baseball bat, with nails driven into it, went to do evil upon a lady.

Some horse pucky about this thug in a K mart suit being a nice boy and these "weapons" were a research project in regard to history.

Lady stopped that threat with a Marlin 60, sure did, and that is why boy number 2 was wearing a K mart suit 6 feet under.

When those brass knuckles hit the wood desk as evidence, one could feel the jury, everyone too, still the jury.
That baseball bat with nails...

Some things do not look good in a courtroom.

Marlin 60 was like the gun folks had, grew up shooting and had fond memories of.
It was received very well and "the lady was in fear of her life and only did what a prudent person would do in such a situation"

Problem 2 ...Is not just a certain "Badger-Tilecrawler " member around here mumblings and grumblings, it is real.

highorder
February 26, 2008, 05:29 PM
In Michigan, they are classified as an "illegal weapon". It is a felony to possess them.

well crap. I scrolled all the way down to post this, but I got beat to the "punch"? :)

BattleChimp Potemkin
February 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
hahahahaha BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (good one tho, the art of wit and pun has died, bring it back!)

clemsonu0219
February 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
They are not illegal to own...just like a butterfly knife, switchblade, or any spring-loaded knife. You just can't carry or conceal them.

JHansenAK47
February 26, 2008, 08:09 PM
They are not illegal to own.
Been to California?

RLsnow
March 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
i cant help but wonder what the logic behind making knuckle dusters,switch blades and such things illegal :O

illegal in norway il bet :( and ive got a feeling their gonna try to get rid of those "super deadly "Rambo Knives" because some guy got on the subway and cut up some people with it.

"i dont understand why you can even BUY those things RIGHT HERE IN THE CITY!?!?! :O"

*grumble grumble*

308win
March 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
2923.11 Weapons control definitions.
As used in sections 2923.11 to 2923.24 of the Revised Code:

(A) “Deadly weapon” means any instrument, device, or thing capable of inflicting death, and designed or specially adapted for use as a weapon, or possessed, carried, or used as a weapon.

2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.
(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person’s person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:

(1) A deadly weapon other than a handgun;

(2) A handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;

(3) A dangerous ordnance.

IANAL but I read this as you can own em don't carry em. And, the statute is pretty broad as to what is a deadly weapon; seems to me a #10 Spider would qualify if the po-po or prosecutor decided so.

Don't know what the case law says.

Crow1108
March 12, 2008, 03:09 PM
2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.
(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person’s person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:

(1) A deadly weapon other than a handgun;

(2) A handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;

(3) A dangerous ordnance.

I LOVE legalese. I hope to one day find a law that discusses the application off a Red Swingline Stapler as a weapon.

littlegator
March 12, 2008, 03:32 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/jdslittlegator/Milton.jpg

Don't touch my red swingline stapler.

Dutch schoultz
July 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hi, There is a lot more to using brass Knuckles then meets the eye. having a good fit is important if you plan to carry then for the average male will want to get medium and if you have smaller hands taping the knuckles works for most people. For fair to poor fighters you want to get a thick pair most commonly known as fat boys they come in a few styles, these reduce the psi(pound per square inch) of force which makes it a lot harder to brake your fingers though it will do less damage. when using knuckles remember that you want to hit hard areas like forearms, shins and so on. I know if I had to go to court on a weapon charge I'd much rather it be for knuckles then a gun and your less likely to kill an attacker then with a gun or knife plus knuckles require less skill.
one real good site for info is http://www.donrearic.com and the best place to get them is http://www.kingofswords.com under knuckle buckles
I hope this is helpfull
Dutch Schoultz

JShirley
July 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
Welcome to THR, Dutch.

I wonder how Don is? Been a while since we've talked.

John

RogersPrecision
July 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
Here in Arizona, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, a CCW Permit allows you to carry ANYTHING/ANY WEAPON you legally posess.
Yup, belt fed machinegun, grenade, switchblade etc. :neener:

Valkman
July 21, 2008, 10:17 PM
Mark Terrell makes Knuckles out of carbon fiber!

NorestRDS
July 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
in 2001 me and a friend beat up a 250lb male with brassknuckles , the reason being he was beating up his nephew (our friend at the time) the cops responded and did nothing , he later beat the nephew up for calling the cops. we took street justice on him . my codefendent did 1 year of weekends in jail and i did 200 hours of community service and a $5,000 restitution.

what i learned , there are weapons that are LEGAL and put more distance. might as well get some SAP gloves , they are pretty hard to prove it wasnt your fist.

RogersPrecision
July 22, 2008, 12:27 AM
And no way am I gonna wear a 'sap-cap'.....LOL!!!; ;)
http://www.shomer-tec.com/product/sap-cap-94.cfm
Unlike a helmet, the added weight about your head would most likely prove to be a liability.
:rolleyes:

TimboKhan
July 22, 2008, 12:59 AM
in 2001 me and a friend beat up a 250lb male with brassknuckles , the reason being he was beating up his nephew (our friend at the time) the cops responded and did nothing , he later beat the nephew up for calling the cops. we took street justice on him . my codefendent did 1 year of weekends in jail and i did 200 hours of community service and a $5,000 restitution.

No personal offense intended dude, but that was pretty dumb. You easily could have done enough damage to get charged with a felony, and as it is you and your pal lost time and money on the deal. I mean, I understand the motive and I don't think you necessarily did the wrong thing from the standpoint of honor, but all that really ended up happening is that he took a beating and you lost $5000.00 bucks and a good deal of time.

RogersPrecision
July 22, 2008, 03:00 AM
TK,
Honor has no price.
Common sense though, may have eliminated the subsequent penalties.
:cool:

Piraticalbob
July 22, 2008, 05:59 AM
I inherited a set of knuckles that my great-grandfather owned; they're probably about 100 years old now, and appear to be nickle-plated iron or nickle-plated steel. Over the years the plating has worn and flaked off, showing rusting metal underneath. As I understand it, my great-grandfather was a "section foreman" for a railroad in Mississippi. Tough work, presumably.

wheelgunslinger
July 22, 2008, 09:35 AM
I just reread the thread and can't believe I missed a user with the handle "Patrick Henry" posting this!:
I've heard cops say things were illegal or questionable that state law actually permits so they can be a bit confusing...but you do want them on your side so it is best not to push things to far...

Too funny.

You easily could have done enough damage to get charged with a felony
Totally agree. Then it would be a little more serious than picking up trash on the roadside. And, you lose your RKBA.

BornLoser
September 19, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hello.
i made an account here just to toss my two cents in.
First, here in Indiana, there are no laws against them. They are not mentioned in any legal codes. I used them in my rough and tumble youth, but I only ever pulled them out when I was ganged up on. Using them in a fight might add charges if you are busted. Like, rather than Assault, you'd get Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
Now, I saw someone mention a maglite as a weapon. They are effective, but because of the batteries inside them, they are illegal to use as weapons. Because they are metal and have batteries in them, they are classified as a "lead pipe", and using one as a weapon is the same as "assault with a deadly weapon".
Indiana is very weird with it's laws. I could sling an AR-15 on my back and take a stroll through town and not break a single law. Wouldn't stop the police from hassling me, and it only takes 1 person to say, "He was waving it around and pointed it me!" to get it taken away, your ass thrown in jail, and actions taken to assure you won't ever own a gun again. The only weapons that are completely illegal are switchblade knices, throwing stars, and sawed off shotguns. That mean, you could belt on a 44 inch bastard sword, or strap a william wallace greatsword on your back, and be perfectly legal. Might get hauled off for mental help, but it's not illegal.
The thing I learned in all my dealings with cops(I almost became one), is that it doesn't have to be illegal for you to get in trouble for it. If you trip and fall into a cop, he can arrest you for assaulting an officer. I even know a few who would.
Cops get a bad rap like Bikers. They say 99% of biker clubs are peaceful and law abiding. But, it's the 1% you hear about on the news and TV that give all the others a bad name. Cops, likewise. 99% of them are good guys just doing their job and go home to their families at the end of the day. It's the 1% that are crooked as hell and on a power trip that you hear about and give ever man in the uniform a bad rap.
Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
Nat.

Limeyfellow
September 19, 2009, 07:05 PM
At the shows here in NC they sell them as paperweights. You can own them, just not carry or use them legally. Not much difference from most states, that have similar restriction or make them outright illegal to own too.

maskedman504
September 19, 2009, 09:18 PM
In Florida you get a concealed weapons permit.

Weapons defined as:

""Weapon" means any dirk, knife, metallic knuckles, slungshot, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon except a firearm or a common pocketknife, plastic knife, or blunt-bladed table knife. "

(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the provisions of s. 790.06.

(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:

(a) A self-defense chemical spray.

(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use of an electric weapon or device, a dart-firing stun gun, or a self-defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or for any other criminal offense.

PA Freedom
September 19, 2009, 09:47 PM
Brass knuckles are dirty pool here in Pennsylvania. They are considered "prohibited offensive weapons", along with automatic knives and blackjacks/lead filled saps. I believe you can legally own these objects here, but not carry them on your person, except a LEO can carry an auto knife.

jordan1948
September 19, 2009, 11:48 PM
I have some that are legally a belt buckle but serve the same pupose lol and as far as I know it's not illegal to OWN them in TN just to CARRY them.

P.S. I rarely use them as a belt buckle as I like to avoid confrontations with LEOs.

rjsixgun
September 20, 2009, 12:33 AM
Personally I find that "Brass Knuckles" hurt the hand when used, due to the fact that they spread your fingers apart. I like old fashion "Knuckle Dusters" they simply form a loop around your 4 fingers kinda like a D-guard bowie or a 1917 trench knife (not to be confused with the 1918 trench knife).

Just a though, you might want to look into it be for you break your hand useing "Brass Knuckles".

Dr.Rob
September 20, 2009, 05:06 PM
Colorado CCW law specifically mentions blackjacks, brass knuckles and nunchucks as illegal to carry and a FELONY, worse than getting caught carrying a concealed handgun without a permit. I know a cop whose wife got pulled over and when she reported his 'duty weapons' were in the car, the officer having a look found a spring billy. That was a big no-no, even for a police officer.

You can still OWN such items, (I have a novelty set of knuckles) but I wouldn't use them for defense.

SeekHer
September 28, 2009, 08:40 AM
I always thought that brass knuckles and switchblades got outlawed back in the 1930s and balisong/butterfly knives and martial arts weapons in the 1960s as an attachment to the existing law...

At least that is the act that US Customs is claiming in trying to ban A O knives...

rogerprecision--Are you positive on that state CCW law allowing switchblades and knuckles when there is a Federal law prohibiting them...I don't remember anything about them when I went for my AZ license but that was a few years ago and old age sucks at remembering things...

As far as I know, you may have them (switchblades & brass knuckles) in your home collection, as paperweights etc. but they cannot be on your person even in your home...lots of bikers got busted for them in their pockets at home during a raid, many times the only thing they could get charges with...

hso
September 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
I always thought that brass knuckles and switchblades got outlawed back in the 1930s and balisong/butterfly knives and martial arts weapons in the 1960s as an attachment to the existing law...

All that's incorrect for the US.

There is no US fed law banning possession, manufacture or sale of knuckles, saps or blackjacks.

There's no federal law in the US banning possession, manufacture or sale of switchblades either (out side of fed territories) that are imposed on the states. There are US laws restricting interstate commerce in switchblades (selling across state lines) and in shipping at 15 and 18 USC, but they are not outright bans. This causes manufacturers and dealers to jump through a couple of hoops is all.

The "switchblade law" restricting interstate sales of switchblades dates from 1957.

Individual states have laws on the books banning or restricting knuckles, saps and/or switchblades, but each state is different and one state may have no restrictions on any of them while another restricts one or more of the three while a third may ban all three.

Again, the rules on knuckles, saps and switchblade possession and carry are individual state and local laws.

SeekHer
September 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
Afterwards I did some research and found these pertinent listings:

Knife Laws of 50 States (http://home.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm)

Wiki had this on the Switchblade Act of 1958 (a federal law; individual state laws differ widely) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade)

For knucks I found this
Defense Devices (http://www.defensedevices.com/brass-knuckle-laws.html)

And it was machine guns from the 1930s...mea culpa!

Deltaboy
September 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
When I was a young man in College I dropped a 6.4 250 guy with one left hook to the jaw with a set of WW2 US Navy issue brass dusters. At the time I was 5.8 and about 180 pounds. Was not too worried about stuff like them being illegal back then but now at 43 and with kids I like to stay on the right side of the law.

crasen
November 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
In Missouri they are illegal with this exception. "Was incident to dealing with the weapon solely as a curio, ornament, or keepsake, or to using it in a manner reasonably related to a lawful dramatic performance"
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000020.HTM

They define knuckles as- "Knuckles", any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance that is designed or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious physical injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles;
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000010.HTM

DrLaw
November 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
I gotta tell this story. It involves a real dumb prosecutor, a sneaky lawyer and a patient judge.

Defendant is on trial by jury for possession (it's Illinois) of a brass knuckle/Knife combo, like the World War 1 weapon. Myself and another prosecutor were sitting in the back of the courtroom, beyond the direct sight of the jurors.

Defense attorney was getting in evidence that these things were sold in magazines that were sold in Illinois. Also tried to claim that the thing was not to be used as a weapon, but as a scraper, for of all things, the battery terminals on this guys car battery - each and every morning - to get the corrosion off of it.

In the back row, myself and the other attorney are practically jumping up and down mouthing "OBJECT!" "OBJECT!!!!!!" "OBJECT!!!!!!"

Of course, the judge saw us, and he knew what was up. He told us later that he was waiting to see if any jurors saw us, then he would have done something, but he could not interfere otherwise.

That prosecutor went on to oblivion in law that I am aware of. So stupid as a prosecuting attorney that he did not know he was dumb. Of course, the sneaky defense attorney won a trial that any other GOOD prosecutor could have won hands down.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

Gordon
November 15, 2009, 02:08 PM
I'm a certified thug of the old school and I think knucks of any sort are BUNK!

zignal_zero
November 17, 2009, 11:28 PM
In Florida you get a concealed weapons permit.

Weapons defined as:

""Weapon" means any dirk, knife, metallic knuckles, slungshot, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon except a firearm or a common pocketknife, plastic knife, or blunt-bladed table knife. "

yep, we live in a really cool state :-)

alwilliam
November 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7854/img1954h.jpg

Deltaboy
November 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
Oh Baby Nucks !

hso
November 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
alwilliam! I was wondering if you were going to show up in this thread.

alwilliam has one of the most amazing collection of NFW around. I'm continuously impressed by what he finds (and it takes a lot to impress me).

alwilliam
November 24, 2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks bro...............

loandr.
December 17, 2009, 07:18 PM
Looks like some of "Woodies" Work, Al has there ;) How you healing up brother, Happy and healthy Holidays from our Pack to yours Al.

Russ/BBG

Here is a set of Dalton repo's in Copper as well, 3/8th polished. Mike Woods (IMO the dalton one of the comfy'ist Full handed designs to date) completed for I a bit back....Enjoy

Deltaboy
December 26, 2009, 12:25 PM
Nice Nucks

Conan1
December 28, 2009, 04:43 AM
Kentucky like Florida is one of the best states to live in. Brass Knuckles are not illegal here with your Concealed Deadly Weapons License.

500.080 Definitions for Kentucky Penal Code.
As used in the Kentucky Penal Code, unless the context otherwise requires:

(4) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:
(a) A weapon of mass destruction;
(b) Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other
serious physical injury, may be discharged;
(c) Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;
(d) Billy, nightstick, or club;
(e) Blackjack or slapjack;
(f) Nunchaku karate sticks;
(g) Shuriken or death star; or
(h) Artificial knuckles made from metal, plastic, or other similar hard material;

FRJ
December 29, 2009, 06:35 PM
I was assaulted once with a handy little item called a "scatchet" it was simply a set of knucks with an ax blade on the front. They were purportedly sold for use as a survival tool the finger holes were supposed to be used to tie the "scatchet" to a tree limb and instant presto you had a survival hatchet. My 1911 trumped the scatchet and 2 very scared fellows beat feet away from me. FRJ

RX-178
December 29, 2009, 07:17 PM
(g) Shuriken or death star; or

.....I just attempted to visualize concealed-carrying a planet destroying battle station. Thanks for that. :neener:

pat86323
December 29, 2009, 10:35 PM
"Here in Arizona, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, a CCW Permit allows you to carry ANYTHING/ANY WEAPON you legally posess.
Yup, belt fed machinegun, grenade, switchblade etc."

......not so sure about that brother check the regs. You cant carry anything you dont have a permit to own. My cousin is a cop and a ccw instructor and yes....if you have the permit to own a uzi you can legally carry it. Unless it is nunchucks then you just plain cant carry them.

leadcounsel
December 30, 2009, 12:35 AM
What is it good for? If you are going to carry a weapon, there are better ones to carry, IMHO.

+1 Exactly.

Guess what happens to you when you are in a bare knuckle fight and you pull out your brass knuckes (aka a "deadly weapon", and often times an "illegal concealed carry weapon")... YOU JUST ESCALATED THE FIGHT TO DEADLY FORCE, WHICH JUSTIFIES THE OTHER PERSON TO USE ANY DEADLY FORCE!!!!

It is just plain foolish to be in a fight, but if you are it is plain foolish to be the first in a fight to introduce a weapon unless you are in "imminent fear of death or serious bodily injury."

So if you draw knuckledusters the other guy can trump you with his concealed carry .44 magnum!

coloradokevin
December 30, 2009, 06:57 AM
Do not take legal advice from gun dealers or cops.

I'll agree with you on the first point, and respectfully disagree with you on the second. Police officers do enforce laws for a living, and can generally tell you whether or not these items are legal/illegal in the jurisdictions that they patrol. Nevertheless, if you don't want to trust the police officer's word for it, why not just ask them to direct you to the statutes that might cover such a topic?

I am always willing to direct citizens to the specific laws that will answer the questions that I might be asked. In this particular case, as far as Colorado is concerned, brass knuckles are considered an "Illegal Weapon" (Class 1 Misdemeanor).

For your reference:

CRS 18-12-102 (Colorado state statute)

Deltaboy
December 30, 2009, 11:09 PM
Nice Brass

karlsmith
January 18, 2010, 07:05 AM
As today brass knuckles (http://www.weapons-universe.com/Brass_Knuckles.shtml) are prohibited in almost all states in USA. but there are some other ways that you can carry a one with out getting caught. If caught the cops will not able to punish you because it is you belt :what::what:

Take a look at this :)

http://images.google.lk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.hiphopcloset.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0026.JPG&usg=AFQjCNHzrSYgRqF57v4T_08x7sMG2oziRw

sheepdog
January 18, 2010, 07:11 AM
...that's a real attention-getter, all right...:uhoh:

james_bond
January 18, 2010, 08:19 PM
Often those are ok because the fingerholes are blocked off (like the one above) making it unuseable as a knuckleduster.

wheelgunslinger
January 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
Does that come with a pair of rollerblades, a big lollipop, and a subscription to Elle Decor?

If you enjoyed reading about "Brass Knuckles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!