Fred Bear bows

PDA

Mr Bernoulli
February 26, 2008, 02:54 PM
How does everyone like Bear Archery products? I want to get a bow here soon and these look rather nice. I also have never had a bad primos endorsed product. Tell me what you think.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fred Bear bows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Soap
February 26, 2008, 07:03 PM
I absolutely love my Instinct! The draw is very smooth, it shoots well, and has virtually no vibration. In fact, my groups opened up when I added a stabilizer.

redneck
February 26, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have a TRX300, that I shoot once in awhile. I like it quite a bit but don't have much to compare it too. Its as accurate as I am, and came with a decent amount of accessories for the price.

Ske1etor
February 27, 2008, 10:47 AM
I own an old Bear single cam handed down from my father... Don't even know the model name actually... The finish on that thing has long been gone (Although, I guess I could look on the plate and see what it says). I have gone through a good 15 sets of strings on it and it still puts them in the ten ring at forty yards...

The Wiry Irishman
February 27, 2008, 11:05 AM
My dad has two, both made in the sixties or seventies. They're both amazing.

mole
February 27, 2008, 12:20 PM
I've got two friend that have the Montana longbow and both love theirs.

wheelgunslinger
February 27, 2008, 01:34 PM
Bear products down through time and through the catalog for 08 all run the gamut from ok to great.
It really depends on the individual bow, if you're looking at used.

Generally, Bear has a solid reputation.

mcarchery.com
March 9, 2008, 03:25 PM
I have been a dealer for the Bear Archery products and their sister line Jennings Archery.

Both are great shooting bow lines. With their purchase by Escalade Sports a few years ago, we've seen a lot of new designs put into the product lines. If anyone has any specific questions on these bows feel free to contact me.

Supertac45
March 13, 2008, 03:01 PM
I reccommend Mathews.

Jason_G
March 13, 2008, 07:07 PM
Crap, I was hoping this was going to be a traditional archery question... oh well.:rolleyes:

Jason

Mr Bernoulli
March 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
lol nope sticking with the compound... want to start off with something to get my feet wet as I am new to bow hunting though. I think it would be cool to hunt with traditonal recurve or longbow but not right now maybe once I get better lol

Jason_G
March 15, 2008, 11:38 PM
ol nope sticking with the compound... want to start off with something to get my feet wet as I am new to bow hunting though. I think it would be cool to hunt with traditonal recurve or longbow but not right now maybe once I get better lol
Yep, keep your mind open to it, it's alot of fun. All of my friends have turned in their compounds. The stick 'n string are calling your name, come over to the dark side :D.

Jason

If you enjoyed reading about "Fred Bear bows" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!