Ruger 22/45 trigger "sting"

PDA

Stony Lane
February 26, 2008, 05:23 PM
I get a little trigger "sting" or "slap" on my last shot from the magazine (from my Ruger 22/45). It has a different feel from the other 9 shots.
Has anyone else had this? Is there a fix?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 22/45 trigger "sting"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RancidSumo
February 26, 2008, 05:59 PM
what is trigger sting?

CJ
February 26, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm thrown by this too...I think we need a better description. I've had some pistols that pinch a little bit, and my Makarov used to slap me with the trigger guard during recoil, but I'm having trouble understanding how a .22 is stinging, and only on the last round?

RancidSumo
February 26, 2008, 10:53 PM
as far as I can tell it is where something hits the trigger causing it to jump forward and "slap" your finger painfully.

PointOneSeven
February 27, 2008, 12:34 AM
I've heard of that. And I completely forgot what the fix was.

Maybe put a piece of felt 'don't scratch the floor furniture pad' under the trigger to eliminate overtravel for starters?? But I can't remember if that was part of the trigger slap issue or not.

woad_yurt
February 27, 2008, 01:23 AM
Wow, I told my friend that his CZ 82 did that to me. He aid I was crazy. I shot one magazine & it actually made my finger tender for a few days. I'd like to know what causes it, too.

1911Tuner
February 27, 2008, 02:17 AM
All autoloaders that lock the bolt or slide on the last round have a different feel on that one. It's because the bolt/slide doesn't return to battery. Whether or not it's related to the sting that you get...I dunno.

chris in va
February 27, 2008, 04:16 AM
Wow, I remember that! Had two 22/45's, both did it. I completely forgot about that.

Kind of a...snap off the last round.

MechAg94
February 27, 2008, 09:25 AM
I have owned a 22/45 for over 10 years. Never did that to me.

How common is this? Old or recent?

mhillsing23
February 27, 2008, 11:20 AM
There is definitely a different feel to the last shot since the slide stays back, but I have never experienced a "sting" in the trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger 22/45 trigger "sting"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!