Homeboy Glock (click for a good laugh)

PDA

doc540
February 26, 2008, 10:55 PM
sorry if it's a repost, but I got a good laugh outta this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/homeboy_glock.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Homeboy Glock (click for a good laugh)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eightball
February 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
What the.....oh wow.

Squidward
February 26, 2008, 11:51 PM
They make a left hand model also...:p:p

armoredman
February 26, 2008, 11:57 PM
Blast from the past. :)

Vonderek
February 27, 2008, 12:03 AM
I remember when this gag first came out some Congress critters on the floor of Congress cited this "ad" as an example of the irresponsible, dangerous gun industry. Some people just can't take a joke.

Frog48
February 27, 2008, 12:31 AM
And oldie but goodie.

Slotback
February 27, 2008, 02:23 AM
I still chuckle at it.

The Lone Haranguer
February 27, 2008, 04:47 AM
2000 called and wants its joke back. ;)

If they had used a G23 instead of a 19, it would actually be a "fo-tay cal." :evil:

IronSightRot671
February 27, 2008, 06:25 AM
http://thecontaminated.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/golden-gun.jpg

The glock fo-tay can also be achived by using this 24K A Kay.... Style points may vary, example. the no look overhead, faceplant tactical pivot, etc, LOL!

Darthbauer
February 27, 2008, 11:59 AM
Did they actually make some of these or just the ad as a gag?

nerfsrule2
February 27, 2008, 12:44 PM
Y2K... and... HomeBoy Glock Sights.. Its a wonder we made it this far!!!:D

Moonclip
February 28, 2008, 03:09 AM
I still like it. Once I heard on another board they posted it as a joke at their gunshop but people took it serious! I used to operate a range like that, I was going to post it up too, but I KNOW some of our customers would have wanted to order them!

Coronach
February 28, 2008, 03:59 AM
It's an oldie (and I do mean OLD) but a goodie. I also like his $10 .50 BMG. :D

Mike

Belgiboy
February 28, 2008, 12:27 PM
Well I had never seen it before and I was laughing so hard that I nearly blew my cereal over my keyboard (through my nose too)
Absolute classic

H2O MAN
February 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
Why does Homeboy hold his 1911 sideways?

Because that's how it came out of the box.

Mojo-jo-jo
February 28, 2008, 01:00 PM
Here's the .50 BMG, in case somebody missed it back in Y2K. Too funny.

berkbw
February 28, 2008, 01:13 PM
link would not open for me -
b-

Fish828
February 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
this was one of the funniest gun-related pictures i had ever seen when i first saw it

atblis
February 28, 2008, 01:35 PM
Some politicians apparently took it seriously.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-gag.html

sonyhoppes
February 28, 2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Just curious. Anyone have a picture of the HK ad that had the rounds loaded in the magazine backwards? That was always good for a laugh, but I couldn't find it.

strat81
February 28, 2008, 07:05 PM
There ya go, sony.
http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Permalink/6919/21301

sonyhoppes
February 28, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks strat81. I can NOT believe that made it all the way to print! :rolleyes:

3pairs12
February 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
I gots ta get me some of dem.

sonyhoppes
February 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
Theyz be workin' realz phat, fo shizzle. Home slice DEA ajunt had dem on his g-lock fotay gat and theyz wuz fly for minute of footz professunal shootinz. :D

RedLion
February 29, 2008, 12:16 AM
Does anyone have the picture of the .500 master blaster? I found the article but no picture. I remember it was a .500 SW with a bayonet and a fire extinguisher.

Just thought I'd mention it since it is kinda along the same lines of the glock above.

.500 master blaster
American Handgunner, March-April, 2005 by Roy Huntington

It began innocently enough. That is, if you could call anything about Bill Laughridge of the Cylinder & Slide shop innocent. "Bill," I said, "what about taking one of those nasty S&W .500 brutes and turning it into something it's not." There was silence at the other end.

"You mean," Bill said quietly, "like a fancy hunting rig or something?" It was the "or something" part I wanted to hear. "Yeah," I returned, "you've got it. It's that 'or something' part I want to talk about."
Most Popular Articles
in Sports

"I was afraid of that," said Bill quietly. "Whatever it is, I'll do it, only because I owe you that favor, and because you probably still have the photos I wanted you to return so I can deny it ever happened." He was fight on both counts. One favor owed and yes, indeed, I still had the photos in question. Some day I may have to share them with you. There's just something about that crazy mustache of Bill's and some nylon netting and pink spray paint that seemed awfully photogenic at the time. Sorry Bill.

So we decided to do what S&W should have done in the beginning when they introduced the .500. I recall thinking fight away, "What? No bayonet? No laser-grip? Geez."

After some verbal sparring, Bill and I decided on 'zactly the right combination of modifications, and herewith is the result. Further proof brainstorming isn't all it's cracked up to be.

First, and most importantly, we wanted it to have some serious cajones (look it up if you don't know). The bayonet was a natural, the light rail and corresponding dual emergency, counter-response lights both an easy-second necessity; and that forward laser-grip, courtesy of Crimson Trace, simply made it even easier for any operators to find the right end in the dark and not blow themselves up doing it.

But the, as Bill would say, "Piece derresistenze" is the "Counter Force-on-Flame, coned-anti-blow-back, self extinguishing Fire retardant accessory device." This little beauty (note the lightened forward mount) also rotates, allowing the user to quickly extinguish any fires started by the nuclear-like fireball coming out of the muzzle, or just as easily, to put out any self-ignited fire situations on their own person due to blow-back from the firestorm "out front" there. A thoughtful addition, indeed. Note the extinguisher carry-rig has conveniently-located cartridge loops for rapid reloading. Typical C&S shop design engineering excellence.

And, keeping in mind firing this thing sorta' relates to a broadside from the U.S.S. Missouri's 16" guns, take that bayonet off before you touch it off. Did we shoot it? Are you insane? Of course not. But only because we couldn't convince Mac. "No, really, it's not bad," we said, as we kept the camera ready. But no go.

But we know somebody will want to, so we warned Bill to expect some calls from people who might actually want one. Only in American Handgunner, eh?

If you're a nutcase and want more information, contact: C&S, (402) 721-4277, www.cylinder-slide.com.

COPYRIGHT 2005 Publishers' Development Corporation
COPYRIGHT 2005 Gale Group

newkahrman
February 29, 2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah that's good stuff. I heard some of the politicians were up in arms about it. I mean come on, that's funny i don't care who ya are. I also heard glock was upset as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Homeboy Glock (click for a good laugh)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!