HOLY COW, they're fast!

PDA

1911 guy
February 27, 2008, 10:55 AM
Ordered some mags from Brownells this am, got a confirmation e-mail at 9:30. Got an e-mail at 9:57 they'd shipped.

I know, it's nothing earth-shattering, but that's quick.

If you enjoyed reading about "HOLY COW, they're fast!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
proud2deviate
February 27, 2008, 11:24 AM
Yup. Last order I placed with them was at four in the morning. I got confirmation emails right away, and fed ex was at my door a day and a half later. I paid standard rate shipping. Very pleased.

1911NM
February 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
Oh, do I know it. I am from the J.C. Pennys, Mongomery Wards, etc. Catalog order store generation. I remember filling out an order form in a store and waiting months for a notification the item had arrived in the "order store". Brownells, Midway USA, all of the top internet mail order houses just blow me away. Ok, now I feel really old, gonna head back to my rocking chair and suck on an Ensure.

littlelefty
February 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
1911NM - now that's funny! Mostly because I can relate. I still have a "survival" knife that I ordered from a Boy's Life magazine and then ran home every day after school for what seemed like eternity until it arrived. It was probably a 6 week wait.

Sorry folks that this comment is off-topic, but it was a pleasant little trip down memory lane that I had to share.

I have yet to order from Brownell's but my experiences with Midway have been nothing but great!

Wineoceros
February 27, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah...I finally received my Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension Bodybuilding and Fitness Course a couple of days ago. Now, back to the beach to open up a can of 1971 whoop-ass on that schmuck who was kicking sand in my face while I was trying to make time with that blonde.

If you enjoyed reading about "HOLY COW, they're fast!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!