Taurus .40 Millenium Pro - Opinions anyone?

PDA

seeds76
February 27, 2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone have any opinions with a Taurus .40 Millenium Pro? Good or bad experiences?

I'm not a fan of stuff chambered in .40 but my buddy wants to sell for a great deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus .40 Millenium Pro - Opinions anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WoofersInc
February 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
I have the PT140. Has been a good little carry gun. Only poblem that I ran into was some of the frame pins would start backing out if shooting a large amount of ammo at a time. Gunsmith was able to fix it quickly though. So far it has shot everything I have fed it.

tblt
February 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
no don'tbuy it

LAK Supply
February 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
I had one... it was not the best gun I've ever shot. Totally reliable, but the accuracy was probably the worst of any gun I've every owned including a Hi-Point C9 some years back.

I would look at something else; personally, I won't ever consider buying one again. My Glocks, SIG's, HK's, Rugers etc. are all a little different and take some getting used to when you first pick them up, but they will all shoot very straight out of a vise and then in your hands once you're used to them. The PT140 wouldn't even hold a 6" group at 10 yards out of a vise.

03Shadowbob
February 27, 2008, 04:23 PM
I would not recommend it. I had a PT140 MilPro and it shot great for a number of rounds then the Recoil Slide assembly started shooting through the front of the gun. Not once, not twice but 3 times with 3 "new" assemblies from Taurus Customer Service (go figure up the amount of time waiting for parts). The last time it happened, they supposedly sent me the newest recoil assembly but I never got to try it out because I sold it shortly thereafter and moved on. I gave it the benefit of the doubt for much longer than most would have.

seeds76
February 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
Really? Whoa. Sounds like this isn't a good pistol then...

03Shadowbob
February 27, 2008, 08:17 PM
Just do a search on Taurus. While there are definitely a few people out there who will slam them without ever owning one, I have owned several and speak from personal experience.

LAK Supply
February 28, 2008, 02:02 AM
Taurus just has reeeealy spotty QC.... some of their weapons are excellent and others are the bastard problem child. All manufacturers have defective products; Taurus just seems to have more problems than most, especially with their autos.

I bought my parents a Tracker .357 mag last year... needed a gun that fit both my parents' hands, not too heavy, mild recoil for a shorter barrel... "one size fits all" if you will. The ported 4" 627 model fit the bill. Those revolvers have a good rep, as do many of Taurus's wheelguns.... It's been a good gun. I wouldn't buy one of their autos though.

seeds76
February 28, 2008, 02:30 AM
Okay, sounds like a bad track record from Taurus, however, consider the following.

- The guy is selling it to me for only $200 with safety lock, two mags, case, and papers.

- It's less than 6 months old.

Can I easily sell this thing for more than $200?

LAK Supply
February 28, 2008, 02:56 AM
That's a good deal if it's in 6 month old condition... I think dealer on those is around $285. That's one of those deals that's worth picking up.... at that price it's very handy to have around to plink with a little bit and then use as a trade for something else. I would pick it up at that price for trade/resale purposes.

03Shadowbob
February 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
I sold mine for $225 if that makes any difference. Taurus are not known to have a good resale value if you can sell them at all at a price close to what you are honestly looking to get. I don't know anyone who would buy a used one for more than $250.

seeds76
February 28, 2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks all for your input.

glove
February 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
I have both The PT-140 Mil. Pro. and PT24/7 in 40 cal. Both pistoles are great the PT-140 is very accurate and shoots everything I run through it as well as the 24/7. If you are getting a good deal jump on it or give me the guys phone number and i will buy it.:) Enough said.
Dave Z

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus .40 Millenium Pro - Opinions anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!