Tripp Cobra magazine, need help stripping

PDA

Thirties
February 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
I bought a Tripp Cobra magazine -- 7R-45-WG. Boy is that thing well made!

My problem is when I pin the spring down, I cannot figure out how to remove the follower. It just doesn't want to separate from the spring like other magazines with less-robust followers. This is brand new, unfired. I wanted to familiarize myself with it before shooting with it..

I'm not blaming the product. I'm just a but of a fumble fingers, I guess.

Anyone able to pass on the secret?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tripp Cobra magazine, need help stripping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thirties
March 5, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm posting the new message in case my older post got lost below people's radar.

Anyone have and advice for my magazine dismantling/stripping problem?

texjack
March 5, 2008, 10:36 AM
Push the button in on the basepad, and remove basepad. Then the spring & follower will fall out the bottom. The Tripp Cobra mag is the best on the market in my opinion.

SRT1
March 5, 2008, 10:44 AM
TexJack - WG=welded base in Tripp lingo.
Sorry I can't help further than straightening that out. My first two tripp mags haven't arrived in the mail yet.

MASTEROFMALICE
March 5, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'd call Tripp. They've been quick to respond to me in the past.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tripp Cobra magazine, need help stripping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!