Open Discussion on Strategy for Fighting Anti-rights Bills

PDA

00-Guy
February 27, 2008, 06:52 PM
The big man himself Norton made a good point in this post http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4240628&postcount=16

How much of our opposition strategy to anti-2A rights bills should we discuss in the open? The other guys sure don't discuss their plans on how to halt say a CCW bill. But we openly discuss how and what we will say and where we will be opposing which bill.

Part of me is all for openness and straight-right discussion. The other part of me says why should I help the bad guys. I am in a quandry on this.

Paul

If you enjoyed reading about "Open Discussion on Strategy for Fighting Anti-rights Bills" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TokenGimp
April 13, 2009, 04:05 PM
FYI. I looked at Georgia and they have a good state org for CCW. I sent out a letter to all the senators last week about the National Parks CCW piece. Here's the reply I got from our Sen. Amy Klobuchar of MN. It says she's for more laws. With Al Franken likely to be elected instead of Norm Coleman it looks like it may be a step backwards.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on guns. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important and timely issue.

I believe that the Second Amendment gives our citizens the right to own guns for collection, protection and sport. As the former chief prosecutor of Minnesota's largest county, I have worked to enforce the gun laws already on the books and will continue to support ways to prosecute gun crimes on the federal level. I also support the work being done to ensure adequate background checks for gun purchasers, including potential new requirements regarding mental health background checks.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to do so again.

Sincerely,

Amy Klobuchar
United States Senator

If you enjoyed reading about "Open Discussion on Strategy for Fighting Anti-rights Bills" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!